Just In

Lanarkjag

Entertaining game - deserved the win - could even have had a couple more goals if we hadn't tried to walk the ball into the net.

The 1st 20 mins or so was appalling but once the game settled down (we actually started passing the ball) we looked the better side

Fox - Solid as usual, couple of really good stops - again

Bombscare - Was pretty solid today, even got forward a few times

Boyle - Not bad, great run for the goal. Defensively was solid

Archie - Good in the air, distribution better than it has been

Balatoni - Solid again at the back. The defence didn't give much away today and looked pretty comfortable

Campbell - had a good game. Showed his pace a few times and wasn't afraid to have a run at the oppo. Got a few half decent crosses in and got in some good positions

Cairney - Looking a little fitter, still gets caught in possession though but certainly looked a lot better than the previous two games

Stewart - Thought he had a very good game. Good touch, not a bad passer, took some part in a lot of our better moves.

Eskine - Brilliant and frustrating all at once. Great finish for the goal, some cracking runs. His choice of pass could be better sometimes though. Good game.

Doolan - did a power of work. Not many sights of goal but good link up play, again was pretty solid.

Grehan - Got better as the game went on. Great run and pass for Boyles goal. One of our best players today (after the 1st 20 mins or so)

Morton didn't really offer anything, even when they were chasing. We looked dangerous on the break

Well done Jackie

Some have said that Morton were poor. I didn't make it to the game but I can say this ... I've seen us play teams often who were on a run of poor form and we managed somehow, with our own inept play, to give them a confidence boost (and a goal or two) and they end up playing much better than us.

So whenever we get a win I think the team deserves the credit for it regardless of how the opposition play. Let's remember that often you can only play as well as the opposition lets you. If we'd shown too much weakness or carelessness in the game, Morton might have easily got into their stride and made it difficult for us.