Where Should We Play Fleetwood Town?

kni

The club says that it "won't be staged at Firhill" - http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/may_2011/english_non-league_side_heading_to_scotland_to_play_thistle

I would hope that we can find a venue to allow the fans to watch the game and provide extra cash for the club.

So what are the options? Here are a few suggestions

Lochburn Park

Petershill Park

Scotstoun

Newlandsfield

Any others?

The club says that it "won't be staged at Firhill" - http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/may_2011/english_non-league_side_heading_to_scotland_to_play_thistle

I would hope that we can find a venue to allow the fans to watch the game and provide extra cash for the club.

So what are the options? Here are a few suggestions

Lochburn Park

Petershill Park

Scotstoun

Newlandsfield

Any others?

Can't really see the Club getting much in the way of extra cash. It'll be a "home" game and season ticket holders don't get charged. Wouldn't be surprised if it's held behind closed doors somewhere or maybe down on Glasgow Green.

"Micky Mellon’s men end their week in Stirling with a friendly against Scottish Football League Division 1 side Partick Thistle provides the opposition on Saturday 9th July. This game will be open to supporters."

Fleetwood Town website

If they are training in Stirling then it migh be somewhere around there.

"Micky Mellon’s men end their week in Stirling with a friendly against Scottish Football League Division 1 side Partick Thistle provides the opposition on Saturday 9th July. This game will be open to supporters."

Fleetwood Town website

If they are training in Stirling then it migh be somewhere around there.

The pitches at Stirling University are used for a few U19s and U16 by Scottish Premier League Teams ,so that would probably be a good shout. No competing Uni games taking place as well.

The pitches at Stirling University are used for a few U19s and U16 by Scottish Premier League Teams ,so that would probably be a good shout. No competing Uni games taking place as well.

The pitches the youth players play on at either Stirling Uni or beside Forthbank are both synthetic. I'd imagine no one would want to play on a plastic surface at that time of year. Can't recall if the Uni has grass pitches as well.

The voice of reason. I'm astonished this hasn't already been suggested.

Fleetwood Town are touring Scotland and the club cannot afford to take the team to Blackpool.

Edited by kni

Fair enough, but if we can afford the North East of England then I'm sure we can afford the North West. Far more interesting, both in a football and social sense.

I would much prefer the North West too but it is unlikely that the club could afford the NW as well as the NE.

I would much prefer the North West too but it is unlikely that the club could afford the NW as well as the NE.

I'm not sure I understand all this :unsure: . Apart from the fact that Fleetwood Town are in Scotland so it would be a bit silly heading to Fleetwood to play a team that's not there, why could we not afford to play another team in the NW of England?