C#@&$C In Sydney

afghan

Er, I am. Have to be in town to pick up some family from the airport early next morning. Young fella wanted to go. Had the choice between some hospitality and the Celtic end. He chose the latter, on the grounds that "it will be like Firhill". Last time he was there he was 5, and he's 12 now. He remembers the atmosphere, the vibe that changes with, and changes the game. It just doesn't happen here. Anyway, I'll be wearing a Thistle scarf. Any other nomads going?

Er, I am. Have to be in town to pick up some family from the airport early next morning. Young fella wanted to go. Had the choice between some hospitality and the Celtic end. He chose the latter, on the grounds that "it will be like Firhill". Last time he was there he was 5, and he's 12 now. He remembers the atmosphere, the vibe that changes with, and changes the game. It just doesn't happen here. Anyway, I'll be wearing a Thistle scarf. Any other nomads going?

:thumbsup2: If I was going Afghan I'd wear my Blue & White hooped Celtic Jersey just to rub it intae the bassas!!! :P

:thumbsup2: If I was going Afghan I'd wear my Blue & White hooped Celtic Jersey just to rub it intae the bassas!!! :P

I've got one as well but I'm wearing one of my Jags tops to the Victory game. Must phone my boss tomorrow. He flew to Sydney for the match. Oh dear oh dear oh dear :lol:

(i've a scan of the aforementioned jersey on my computer but don't know how to put it on the forum)

I don't usually find myself defending the green hordes, but the police seemed to over-react to what was an entirely good-natured, if inebriated, gathering. The folks that I saw being ejected seemed to be guilty of little else than being a bit noisy: hardly an offence at a football match. The football, incidentally, was dismal.