Photo Share Techy Advice Needed For The New Season.

Firstly, sorry to the admin for putting this on the main page, but it's relevant to Thistle, so hope it's cool with them.

As folk know, I had to switch to webshots last season after my fotopic page disappeared (company went bust). Trouble with webshots is that folk can't copy my pics, and the whole idea of me doing these is that fellow fans can just copy pics they like to enjoy at leisure. There's due to be a replacement to fotopic, called Pikfu, but it's still not up and running. Unfortunately, recent circumstances mean I can't make it down to Blyth today, but I'd like to be able to get pics up as soon as possible after today, so if anyone could recommend a free photo share site that'll allow folk to see decent size images - AND allow them/you to download ones you like, I'd appreciate the heads up. At the moment, the ones that interest me are Picasa, Windows Live Photos and a place called "DeviantART" (sic), simply because it's a cool sounding name. Has anyone used these places, and could recommend/tell me to avoid them?

There are a few very unique Thistle pics to go on already from the past week, so help would be appreciated.

Fish puns ARE acceptable on this thread (I hope). :D

Edited to add. Absolutely gutted to miss Blyth today. The last time we all went, it was a blast, but c'est la vie. Hope the folk travelling have fun.

Edited by Clinically Depressed

I love google and have used Picasa. It's simple to use and can be viewed by everyone. It's also easy to edit and add captions to photos and you can have a public profile of pictures for anyone too see (which for you is the whole point). I think you need to have gmail account and you just download picasa and go from there!

Another idea could be setting up a fb page with your name then photography again make yourself public and anyone can see the pictures. Not so easy edit and facebook is slow though when uploading pictures.

Really glad your not using web whatever - I love reading your captions and your pictures are usually funny but with that web whatever it was impossible to enjoy!

My bet is go for Picasa - its been around for years and google is very unlikely to go bust! :D

Edited by little_miss_jag

Another idea could be setting up a fb page with your name then photography again make yourself public and anyone can see the pictures. Not so easy edit and facebook is slow though when uploading pictures.

Just remember that if you post photos to facebook then you are signing away the rights to facebook.