Charlie Adams' Dad

One of Lambie's last signings before he left us for Hamilton Accies. Sandy Clark arrived and Charlie Adam moved on to Forfar. Can't help wondering what Lambie would have got out of Adam if he'd stayed.

(Moved to look up the club's Official History to find out about this and spent half an hour looking at the quality players we had back then - I'm nearly greetin' here....)

One of Lambie's last signings before he left us for Hamilton Accies. Sandy Clark arrived and Charlie Adam moved on to Forfar. Can't help wondering what Lambie would have got out of Adam if he'd stayed.

(Moved to look up the club's Official History to find out about this and spent half an hour looking at the quality players we had back then - I'm nearly greetin' here....)

That post made me think, 20-25yr ago when i was going every tem in the 1st division had stand out players, like chic charnley, ken eadie, simon stainrod, jim duffy etc etc where the hell did it go wrong and we stopped producing these players. You knew 2 or 3 real players from almost every team in the 1st division, and in the premier league the motherwells and st mirrens of this world had household names let alone the old firm.

Edited by Norgethistle

That post made me think, 20-25yr ago when i was going every tem in the 1st division had stand out players, like chic charnley, ken eadie, simon stainrod, jim duffy etc etc where the hell did it go wrong and we stopped producing these players. You knew 2 or 3 real players from almost every team in the 1st division, and in the premier league the motherwells and st mirrens of this world had household names let alone the old firm.

The playstation era kicked in and as many kids don't play football like we did.

Only natural the rare bits of quality that we had would then be diluted.

Very skilled, but utterly lazy. Very frustrating to watch, drove supporters nuts. There was a fanzine at the time called 'The Johnny Flood Experience' that reviewed a pretend book called 'How to succeed in Scottish Football without really trying' by Charlie Adam, with an introduction by Pat Kelly.