New Strip

Exiled AusJag

I've just had a look at the photos of the youth team agaist Scotland, where they wore the new jersey with red shorts and socks. I think that looks a lot better than the black shorts and socks with the new shirt, and is far closer to the '71 cup winning team. No need to do away with the black though, as they can still be used with the new second strip.

Original plan was to have red shorts and agree it looks far better than black. A bit unique to have the same shorts/socks for home & away strips so guess it might save people a few quid

The regulations where I referee is that a club must have a complete change for an away strip, i.e. short, shorts AND socks must be different. This way there will always be a complete contrast between teams, Apert from shirts, it's important that socks are different as well.

I think this is also the case in the SFL and I was quite surpirised to see Thistle using the same shorts and socks.

The regulations where I referee is that a club must have a complete change for an away strip, i.e. short, shorts AND socks must be different. This way there will always be a complete contrast between teams, Apert from shirts, it's important that socks are different as well.

I think this is also the case in the SFL and I was quite surpirised to see Thistle using the same shorts and socks.

Surely what counts is that the shorts, socks (as well as top) are easily distinguishable from the opposition's shorts, socks, etc.?? No need to change unless the oppostion have pretty much the same shorts and socks. I'm sure we will have a spare set of shorts and socks we can use if we meet an opposition where there is a real clash we'll see the necessary chnages in the strip.

Can't help thinking that in most Old Firm games, both teams wear white shorts.

And here's us playing Clyde in 2008 with both teams in black shorts.

I can understand the shirts being different to avoid confusing the players and the socks being different to help the referee when tackles are made, but I think you're wide of the mark with shorts.

Can't help thinking that in most Old Firm games, both teams wear white shorts.

And here's us playing Clyde in 2008 with both teams in black shorts.

I can understand the shirts being different to avoid confusing the players and the socks being different to help the referee when tackles are made, but I think you're wide of the mark with shorts.

You're spot on with the reasons for the shirt and socks being different, and it's very helpful from a refereeing perspective. If shorts are the same it doesn't bother me, but it's the rules of competition that I believe that state that shorts have to be different from the first strip as well. Please correct me if I'm wrong with the Scottish rules of competition.

However, the main point of this topic was that I think the red shorts and socks look far better with the new shirt than the black. To me, the black is a minor colour of the club, and red and yellow are the major colours. Someone who's not familiar with the club would probably think our colours are yellow and black.

Original plan was to have red shorts and agree it looks far better than black. A bit unique to have the same shorts/socks for home & away strips so guess it might save people a few quid

It also saves Greaves from investing in more stock. They appear to have a lot of old strips and training gear left over from the last two to three years.