Morton 1/10/11

jif

Bringing my wife and 14 year old son to Firhill for the 1st time, is there a pub close to the ground the allow woman, oops i meant kids. Any time i have been in the S and G or the Woodside i can't ever remember seeing any kids in them. After the game i need to make a quick exit and get to Kirkcaldy as the Belfast giants are playing the Fife Flyers(ice hockey, the main reason the wife and son are coming but every little helps) What is the best way to get there buy car.

Always lots of women & kids in the Aitken suite at firhill they dont do food though and the drinks are a bit more expensive than the pub. I used to always get bottled beer in there as the draught was poor but this season the John Smiths has been excellent so far. If your wanting to get to Kirkaldy sharpish then m8 and over forth rd bridge is probably the way to go but id check for road works on traffic scotland web site before day of game

Bringing my wife and 14 year old son to Firhill for the 1st time, is there a pub close to the ground the allow woman, oops i meant kids. Any time i have been in the S and G or the Woodside i can't ever remember seeing any kids in them. After the game i need to make a quick exit and get to Kirkcaldy as the Belfast giants are playing the Fife Flyers(ice hockey, the main reason the wife and son are coming but every little helps) What is the best way to get there buy car.

Take woolies when going to Kirkcaldy mate, one of the coldest rinks in the country - you are going back in time old son (old Art Deco building and it's f****** freezin'; plus wait until you step out into the pot hole ridden car park!). Fife fans should be good though, they were always loud when they came down to Paisley (Glasgow in the old days); so atmosphere wise, should be a good night. Good also to see Fife back in Elite League.

Good to see Belfast have a few Scots in their ranks - Shields (Glasgow boy), Garside (Paisley but also played for other Scottish junior clubs) and Murphy (Kirkcaldy). Still think Colin Shields is the pick of GB players though and seems capable of fitting into any line and playing any position. Pretty sure he was covering "D" when they cuffed Braehead last season.

Cheers

MJ