Archie Out?

uberteeb

76 members have voted

1. 1. Time for Archie to be let go?

• Aye
    • Naw

Inexperience at the back is costing us dearly. Take away Archie, and the problems would be much worse.

Find myself agreeing with above more than anything.

Lack of pace at the back tho' is a concern. It's hardly a unique problem at our level and is normally dealt with by having a midfielder lie deep, like Mensing for instance. Rowson is playing more up field than usual and let's be kind and say the jury is still out on Scott Robertson.

I noticed Sinclair wasn't overlapping on Saturday. That may be due partly to a lack of defensive cover as much from midfield as from Archie.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

this is totally ridiculous. archie is a legend. I agree with the sentiment that this is insulting to someone who has gave his all for partick thistle. he's had injuries, but i dont see any young cubs coming thru who are gonna take the bull by the horns and do a better job than he is doin. shnaw! who we gonna replace him with?! they'll bring in someone from the 2nd div or 3rd div who is a shadow of what archie is. the young players round about archie know who he is and his presence fires them on. his aura will be missed if he leaves. plus he can give advice to young players about to conduct themselves. sorry about ranting folks but i love archie

Arguments about the past are irrelevant when we're discussing now and the future. Is Archie effective now? The goals scored by opposing sides getting past our central defenders, and the way in which both fullbacks have to come back to cover suggest that this is not the case.

Jackie McNamara is in a difficult position, but he should be backed to do what's necessary for the team. That may include slaughtering some sacred cows.

Arguments about the past are irrelevant when we're discussing now and the future. Is Archie effective now? The goals scored by opposing sides getting past our central defenders, and the way in which both fullbacks have to come back to cover suggest that this is not the case.

Jackie McNamara is in a difficult position, but he should be backed to do what's necessary for the team. That may include slaughtering some sacred cows.

and those high class defenders are just kicking down the door to play for peanuts are they not :rolleyes:

Which goals would they be? Archie was solid against Dundee and a bit shakey against Queens (offset slightly by 2 quality blocks), didn't have any concerns during the Hamilton game either and never saw the 2 away games. So in short it's a resounding naw for me.