Team Gb

lennythistle

If Scotland ever loses its international status, a few of us will have to get together and start trials on eg Glasgow Green to establish an AFC Scotland. We could then start an alternative UEFA/FIFA, cutting out the figures of corporate corruption, inaugurating the first 'real' World Cup here in Scotland. :)

Does that mean we'll have to pick English guy's who's grannies have a tartan shopping trolley. Oh by the way i'm an attacking midfielder, well i was about 30 years ago, ok i'll haud the jackets.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that mean we'll have to pick English guy's who's grannies have a tartan shopping trolley. Oh by the way i'm an attacking midfielder, well i was about 30 years ago, ok i'll haud the jackets.

Hmmmm. We'd have to work out the finer detail, but for me it would be Scots who are either Scots born or have some other very strong claim to being Scottish such as at least one parent born in Scotland plus the individual in question having resided in Scotland for some considerable time.

In any event, I'll be haudin the jaikets.

Hmmmm. We'd have to work out the finer detail, but for me it would be Scots who are either Scots born or have some other very strong claim to being Scottish such as at least one parent born in Scotland plus the individual in question having resided in Scotland for some considerable time.

Would we be no using the jaikets for the goals?

:o Definitely not. We'd use ginger bottles as the goals.

:thinking: mmmm just maybees we've just stumbled upon the acid test. Well, at least a component of the acid test.

"OK then, Trevor, you say you reckon you're eligible to play for Scotland? Gonna be a good lad and nip out and get us a bottle of ginger please"

"Eh, Trevor, what's this cloudy greeny grey stuff in the bottle? Jeez, it tastes all gingery :o .

Trevor, you'll find the next train for Euston leaves in half an hour. Be on it and while you're at it take Nigel and his effin' Ruby Murray CD with you."

At least it's got to better than Norman Tebbit's cricket test.

That's Berra out then!

:thinking: mmmm just maybees we've just stumbled upon the acid test. Well, at least a component of the acid test.

"OK then, Trevor, you say you reckon you're eligible to play for Scotland? Gonna be a good lad and nip out and get us a bottle of ginger please"

"Eh, Trevor, what's this cloudy greeny grey stuff in the bottle? Jeez, it tastes all gingery :o .

Trevor, you'll find the next train for Euston leaves in half an hour. Be on it and while you're at it take Nigel and his effin' Ruby Murray CD with you."

At least it's got to better than Norman Tebbit's cricket test.

A wee bit off topic, but a true story: one Sunday morning in the mid '70s, in the Asian-owned store in the Maryhill Barracks (Wyndford), a 'gentleman' looking a tad the worse for wear entered the shop while I was being served with the rolls. He beckoned the shopkeeper - an Asian chap - and asked thus: "Haw wee man, gonnae get us a boattul a ginger innat, ah'm pure chokin". The shopkeeper responded (a la Navede) "Aye, naeborra, whit kind?" The hungover local answered "Barrs!!"

You really couldn't make it up.