Suggestion For The Club...

Dark Passenger

First, the positive: it was good of you organise busses for the fans today. Now, the suggestion: you have the names and details of those that attended today's match, how about covering their entry to next week's replay in a bid to atone for that embarrassment. The players might even consider putting some of their wages towards it. Balatoni can start the whip round.

Haven't read any other post but this one, so apologies if this has already been addressed.

Tell me something DP, what did you make of those who were throwing smoke bombs? What do you think of the abuse hurled at players as they headed for the dressing rooms? Do you like the apparent attempts (being made by some) to resurrect the NGE? How much of a family club do you think we look to Coulter? Good for those who managed up there yesterday, but free entry to the replay? You are a hypocrite :thumbsup2:

You are a hypocrite :thumbsup2:

I am? I don't think I was aware of the smokebomb incident or the presence of the NGE when I made the post, nor had I viewed the video of the aftermath and I can't remember any posts where I defend their actions.

To take each point in turn;

Smokebombs: the action of mindless idiots who think it's alright to indulge in anti-social behaviour under the cloak of football.

The NGE: silly wee boys (and older men who should know better) who need to grow up. I've said in the past that their thoughts on "fighting for the club" are ridiculous.

The abuse: "that was sh*te", "you should be f*cking ahshamed", "what the f*ck was that all about, Archie" - can't argue against any of that.

If the club believe there were those who deliberately set out to cause a disturbance and can identify them then they should, of course, be excused from any (hypothetical) offer. It shouldn't be used as a smokescreen for the shameful display on the field of play, though.

Anything else you want me to go over?

Edited by Dark Passenger

I am? I don't think I was aware of the smokebomb incident or the presence of the NGE when I made the post, nor had I viewed the video of the aftermath and I can't remember any posts where I defend their actions.

To take each point in turn;

Smokebombs: the action of mindless idiots who think it's alright to indulge in anti-social behaviour under the cloak of football. - But they were there and should be allowed free entry into the replay?

The NGE: silly wee boys (and older men who should know better) who need to grow up. I've said in the past that their thoughts on "fighting for the club" are ridiculous. - yet still you think they should get free entry into the replay?

The abuse: "that was sh*te", "you should be f*cking ahshamed", "what the f*ck was that all about, Archie" - can't argue against any of that. - even though there are clearly children right next to the abusers? Agree or not, it's abuse and does nothing but tarnish the image of the club as a family friendly one.

If the club believe there were those who deliberately set out to cause a disturbance and can identify them then they should, of course, be excused from any (hypothetical) offer. - The Club "aye you were a good boy/girl, you can get in for nothing...actually hawd oan til we check with Dark Passenger first". It shouldn't be used as a smokescreen for the shameful display on the field of play, though. - no smokescreen, just putting the questions to you...you know, since you seem to be so concerned with the players ruining the 'family club' image.

Anything else you want me to go over?

So do you think those fans are portraying the family club image? Do you think this sort of stuff is more likely to tarnish that image than a few pranks by the players that become public knowledge through media (Patons A to Z) or Twitter (the dickin about pic).

So do you think those fans are portraying the family club image? Do you think this sort of stuff is more likely to tarnish that image than a few pranks by the players that become public knowledge through media (Patons A to Z) or Twitter (the dickin about pic).

I'm not sure why you're asking me questions I've already answered.

I think they players actions are more likely to tarnish the image of the club because they are employees of Partick Thistle. People take their kids to the football in the knowledge that there are likely to be in the presence of some emotional people using strong words. I don't think they expect club employees in club-branded clothing to draw pictures of ***** and splash them on the internet.

I'm not sure why you're asking me questions I've already answered.

I think they players actions are more likely to tarnish the image of the club because they are employees of Partick Thistle. People take their kids to the football in the knowledge that there are likely to be in the presence of some emotional people using strong words. I don't think they expect club employees in club-branded clothing to draw pictures of ***** and splash them on the internet.

So you don't see the fans as ambassadors for the club, just the players?

Steven, I have addressed that point. I've said that if the club believes that there are those who whose intention was to cause trouble and can be identified then they should be exluded from any (hypothetical) offer and their appearance at any future match should be called into question.

Yes, I believe the fans are ambassadors for the club and yes I believe that they should consider their language when they're in the presence of kids. However, I believe people take their children to games believing that can surface. I don't know how else you want me to package that up.

Now, my question to you: do you think the players performed shamefully yesterday, have displayed on more than one occasion this season that they need to grow up off the park as well as on it and that some bridge building between them and the support who were left embarrassed by yesterday's match should occur?

Steven, I have addressed that point. I've said that if the club believes that there are those who whose intention was to cause trouble and can be identified then they should be exluded from any (hypothetical) offer and their appearance at any future match should be called into question.

Yes, I believe the fans are ambassadors for the club and yes I believe that they should consider their language when they're in the presence of kids. However, I believe people take their children to games believing that can surface. I don't know how else you want me to package that up.

Now, my question to you: do you think the players performed shamefully yesterday, have displayed on more than one occasion this season that they need to grow up off the park as well as on it and that some bridge building between them and the support who were left embarrassed by yesterday's match should occur?

Well you actually hadn't addressed the point as far as our conversation goes (and Im not reading through another negative thread). I'm glad you agree the fans are also ambassadors, so you will agree that yesterdays antic were not becoming of fans from a 'family friendly' club. I take my kids knowing it can surface, and the swearing at games is something they list as one of their favourite bits (they are only 6). That in itself is not the issue here, but if they were there yesterday, I'm pretty sure they would have been terrified by the poisonous atmosphere at the end.

In answer to your question, I wasn't there yesterday but the result says it all. Not disappointing, embarrassing. Do I think they need to grow up off the park? Most 20 somethings need to grow up and given the average age of our squad the obvious answer is yes. BUT, they are no different to any other male in his early 20s, a bit of immature boisterousness is part of growing up, in the case of football teams its also a part of the bonding process. I don't have a problem with the Twitter stuff.

Yes some rebuilding needs to be done because if I was one of those players yesterday, I'd be going into Saturdays game looking to win by a huge margin and give it a big GIRFUY to the fans. The players performance yesterday was obviously shocking given the result but not sure whether the onus is on them to do anything other than win football matches. That's all I want from Thistle players. All I want from fans is to turn up and support the team, if results like yesterday happen them by all means boo them off the park..but I was embarrassed watching the video of fans at the end as much as I am embarrassed at the result.

Edited by Steven H

I'm pretty sure they would have been terrified by the poisonous atmosphere at the end.

It didn't think it was poisonous at all. A lot of anger on show at the effort displayed by the team and number of decent chances created throughout the game.

Everything I here in the after match video was justified. People think differently, fair enough but people react in different ways.

I have to laugh when I read some of the comments about 'poisonous atmospheres' and 'abuse towards players' etc, etc. Does nobody remember the amount of Jags fans who used to leave the Shed early enough to make sure they got to the stairs at the tunnel in time for full-time with the sole intention of abusing the players. Everyone is a bit precious these days.