Training Youth Players In Football Manager 2012

The Mighty Quinn

I'm retiring in 2 months time and going to get stuck into football manager 2012 in a big way. I'm only a bit part player just now and sign some promising youngsters and ususally loan them out to lesser teams to gain them experience. I also just keep them on the same training program (default) as the first team. My youth players never seem to become good enough for my first team or are pretty average players. Does anyone know or have a very good system of making the players fufil their potential? Or is it just like real life, and a true gem only comes along once in a while? Any help would be appreciated. :thumbsup2:

i havent got 12 yet, too many good xbox games at the minute, but in 11 i finally felt i was getting to grips with it. obviously, you need good coaches with high "working with youngsters" attributes. also, getting them tutored by good players, and yeah, nothing like first team game time, loan them out for at least 2 seasons, i'd have players from 17 onwards, and normally by 22 i had a few that were worthy of first team. never uncovered a messi or anything, but u can make a difference getting them a game elsewhere.