Davie Weir

Ozieptfc

Davie Weir would not even consider playing in the Scottish first division. His family still live in England and it took him while to accept another deal from Rangers. If he can't get a game at Ibrox, he would either seek a deal in England, probably a Championship or Division One club. Alternatively, he could retire and take up coaching.

That's not what I'm saying. What possible benefit to Rangers would it be to loan out a 41year old?

Apparently Weir is looking for games and is looking at a loan option. I dont think Rangers would loan him to another SPL club. Either first division or lower leagues in England

Davie Weir would not even consider playing in the Scottish first division. His family still live in England and it took him while to accept another deal from Rangers. If he can't get a game at Ibrox, he would either seek a deal in England, probably a Championship or Division One club. Alternatively, he could retire and take up coaching.

This is why he won't come here. I'm pretty sure he lives in England with his family and only goes up to Scotland on match days (and for training sometimes, presumably) so if he had the chance, somewhere in England would be a far better option for him.

I wouldn't mind seeing him playing for us, but it's simply not going to happen.