Accounts For Last Season's First Division

Fawlty Towers

Are they paying their debts to the satisfaction of their creditors ? If so, why are they cheats ?

That is like saying that I can't buy a box of cornflakes because I have a mortgage on my house.

Having debt and paying it off is just good business practice, The problem comes if the debt doesn't get paid.

If they cannot afford to pay their players, then it does.

Dunfermlines "loans" are mainly to the Masterton family (ex- Bank of Scotland head honcho) , if he dies then not sure if the family will call the debts in. Similar situation could exist at Morton when their chairman dies as its thought his son will not be willing to piss £300k a year on running the club.

Despite our problems we arent that bad at the moment , things could change but we appear to be on a course to at worst break even every year. Still I wonder how the **** we lost so much cash when we had at least 3 big cup ties including live TV payments and we still continued to lose money.

While I'm grateful to Billy Allen/Europa for riding to our rescue, I still think it's slightly dubious that mention was made of a unique fans initiative that never materialised. Dundee fans managed to raise in excess of £150,000 when the club went into administration last season, so who's to say Thistle fans couldn't have raised a similar amount if they thought the club's survival depended on it.

Instead, we're now indebted to an individual (or his company), albeit a 'Thistle-minded' one.