Short Break In England

1 John Lambie

Have been looking at almost every website I can find over the last couple of days to try & find a short break next week, anytime from this Sunday to next Friday (4 nights). Ideally somewhere within an hour of Alton Towers or Blackpool, so we can go to a theme park for the day. Derbyshire/lancashire/cumbria/yorkshire, somewhere like that.

Been looking for a luxury lodge/cottage, or something just above average, but most are sold out. Budget of around £300-£400 for a nice lodge. Even a decent deal on a nice, clean hotel would do.

Any help much appreciated, I'm near pulling my hair out! :(

Edited by 1 John Lambie

Have been looking at almost every website I can find over the last couple of days to try & find a short break next week, anytime from this Sunday to next Friday (4 nights). Ideally somewhere within an hour of Alton Towers or Blackpool, so we can go to a theme park for the day. Derbyshire/lancashire/cumbria/yorkshire, somewhere like that.

Been looking for a luxury lodge/cottage, or something just above average, but most are sold out. Budget of around £300-£400 for a nice lodge. Even a decent deal on a nice, clean hotel would do.

Any help much appreciated, I'm near pulling my hair out! :(

Have you tried Travelzoo?

Travelodge? Two in Blackpool now: one across from BFC stadium on Bloomfield Rd. and the other beside the Pleasure Beach.

Sensing that you'll be looking for something a wee bit better than that, I'm struggling for other ideas. Strangely enough, Expedia are often worth a try in similar situations. Good luck.

I take it you're looking for something more rural? Derbyshire would be good as it's at the south of the peak district, and not too far away from Alton Towers. I don't know about cottages/lodges, but I know a fair few people from Derbyshire and could ask them if you want me to?

We're off to Ribby Hall in July. It's between Preston and Blackpool, so should meet your requirements. It's like a smaller version of Center Parcs, but a lot cheaper.

Thanks for the replies guys, I had a look at Ribby Hall, but it was just a bit too expensive.

Twinny, thanks for the offer, but I've now booked up. Travelodge in Ashbourne, about 15mins from Alton Towers, gets decent reviews on tripadvisor. Then to 'The Kenley' in Blackpool, it's a B&B, but gets cracking reviews on tripadvisor. Bit wary of B&B's in Blackpool, but this seems nice. (Only a few mins walk from Notarianni's, so no doubt I'll be a big fat b by the time I get back!)

Thanks for the replies guys, I had a look at Ribby Hall, but it was just a bit too expensive.

Twinny, thanks for the offer, but I've now booked up. Travelodge in Ashbourne, about 15mins from Alton Towers, gets decent reviews on tripadvisor. Then to 'The Kenley' in Blackpool, it's a B&B, but gets cracking reviews on tripadvisor. Bit wary of B&B's in Blackpool, but this seems nice. (Only a few mins walk from Notarianni's, so no doubt I'll be a big fat b by the time I get back!)

Quality. :clapping:

Also worth noting that it's the sole reason why I'm a big fat git.

Bit wary of B&B's in Blackpool, but this seems nice. (Only a few mins walk from Notarianni's, so no doubt I'll be a big fat b by the time I get back!)

I stayed here http://www.osbornehousehotel.com/index.html its about 5mins from tower and central pier, the road may be a wee bit noisy at night, but the owners are great, went on a whim in 08, took my dad for a weekend in 2009