Eck Out!

kni

Can't believe you went for Eck Out! instead of 'Eck Off!

I give him at most 2 more appointments before he ends up on the "Graeme Souness Memorial Pile of Useless Football Managers that Needed Massive Over-investment in a Duopoly to Achieve Anything".

Either there or a pundit on Al Jazeera Sports

Can't believe you went for Eck Out! instead of 'Eck Off! I give him at most 2 more appointments before he ends up on the "Graeme Souness Memorial Pile of Useless Football Managers that Needed Massive Over-investment in a Duopoly to Achieve Anything". Either there or a pundit on Al Jazeera Sports

I was going to put "fecked!" but thought that it might be rejected by the Mods. The update to the BBC story has a damning club statement.

"Aston Villa can confirm that Alex McLeish's contract has been terminated with immediate effect. The club has been disappointed with this season's results, performances and the general message these have sent to our fans.

"The board wishes to assure supporters that we are conscious in every sense that Villa expects and deserves more and we will strive to deliver this."

The statement on Villa's website adds more - http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2771920,00.html

Villa chairman Randy Lerner said: "We need to be clear and candid with ourselves and with supporters about what we have lacked in recent years.

"Compelling play and results that instil a sense of confidence that Villa is on the right track have been plainly absent."

Two more appointments? I doubt it.

Edited by kni

Get it right up the traitorous h un. Was hoping for Villa to be relegated with him in charge. Was nice to see Coyle's Bolton go down instead though.

Disagree. Though Coyle the player was a wee cheat, Coyle the manager seems a pretty stand-up guy. John Henry and Sandy Stewart are both also at Bolton, and both gave us some excellent service.

Disagree. Though Coyle the player was a wee cheat, Coyle the manager seems a pretty stand-up guy. John Henry and Sandy Stewart are both also at Bolton, and both gave us some excellent service.

Fair point re John Henry but Sandy Stewart was a dud.