Goalkeeper Colours

sigesige00

When I watched Italia - Deutschland game yesterday, I was surprised that both goalkeepers were red.

According to the Association Football rules, the colours of FPs must be different from those of the opponent team's FPs and referees', but it is OK to wear for GK to wear whose colour is same as that of the opponent team's GK.

If so, there must be the rule that GK must not cross the centre line, to avoid confusion.

What do you think?

Taken directly from interpretations of the laws of the game and guidelines for referees

"Colours:

If the jerseys of the two goalkeepers are the same colour and neither has another jersey to change into, the referee allows play to begin"

Question answered with no ambiguity

Yes, I read the rules and found that point. However, this rule is not very good. If the same colour for both GKs is OK, then there must be the rule of barring GKs from joining offense in the opponents' area.

• 3 weeks later...

By the way, under the SFL regulations, how many GK jerseys are required?In

In the J-League, every team must have 3 GK jerseys.

If every team has 3 GK jerseys, it is possible to avoid confusion -- possible to wear one whose colour is different from those of the GK and FPs of the opponent team and that of the FPs of the same team.

However, when the colour of the jerseys are not single (for example, red/black of AC Milan, blue/black of Internazionale, our red/yellow, etc), 3 colours are not enough.

How many colours are necessary? It is easy to increase the number of GK colours from 3 to 5 by adding FPs' jerseys as 4th and 5th.

• 3 weeks later...