Crowd Increase This Season?

I'm sure a few folk deserted the Jags when Souness started spending minty Moonbeams magical money in 86? Our crowds were bad then but we were pretty pish and had various crises to contend with.

I thought there was an increase in our league attendances last season. A cup run or two would be pleasing :)

Hmmm true. Catering arrangements would have to change on alternate Saturdays though, to deliver that 'straight from the abattoir' experience that I'm sure many of them would crave. Furthermore, the post-match clean up operations might prove a shade costly when factoring in all the grazed knuckle skin which would have to be removed from seats, the aisles, the concourse and the bogs to make the JH habitable again for our next fixture.

Yeuch!

That is assuming they know to use them. I fear you may be giving them too much credit here, BJ.

This former Rangers fan is a classical example of whom we should attract to Firhill - http://www.pieandbov...e-partick-fans/

"I am, well was a Rangers fan until their demise. I don't agree with the nonsense that's went on and I've vowed never to set foot in Ibrox again. my son has just turned 7 and is showing a keen interest in the beautiful game and is badgering me to start taking him to the footy...

"So after an extensive search that took me at least 5 minutes and some jammy dodgers I've decided to make the long journeys from the East End of Glasgow up to Firhill everything I've seen so far seems to suggest its a perfect environment to introduce my lad to football due to the lack of halfwits and general bile spouted by the supporters add to that Thistles open stance against all the keek that you would expect at other certain clubs means I'll be trying to tempt him with Partick, heck they might even start to rub off on me after a while with any luck."

It's an open goal!!!

Yep, totally agree with you there. That type of fan is the kind we should be welcoming to Firhill with open arms. :thumbsup2:

I thought there was an increase in our league attendances last season. A cup run or two would be pleasing :)

There probably was, but the weather and matches being postponed in 2010-11 pushed crowds down that season, so last season was probably a return to normal.

Agreed about a cup run. A quarter final at home to Hearts or Aberdeen would be a nice financial boost, expecially if we won!

I had a good look at the season ticket board in the office today. It seems to be filling up nicely and the place seemed busy enough.

There was a steady stream when I went for mine on Monday. Someone was leaving when I went in, there was someone else in the office, and another person came in as I left. Even a couple of days like that would sell a good few.

Edited by Lin1876