Irvine Meadow Fan Seeking Your Thoughts ?

portjag

This weekend we held our annual tournement playing 2 games in two days, as you may know we signed the lad stephenson from yous. I hold my hand i doubted him as i heard about his injury problems, but this weekend the boy was outstanding for us a real gem ! great ability and attitude. Also after hearing it was his first game in 2 years i was shocked he was outstanding.Was he rated at your club?

I don't recall Stevenson playing a competitive game for the first team. He may have made the bench in pre-season games but, due to his injuries, he did not have the chance to make an impact. Few will have had a chance to assess his abilities. It is good to hear that he is fit and playing well for you. I hope that he get his career back on track. It would not be surprising for our scouts to be monitoring his progress.

Just heard he has been out for 2 years with a knee injury. Considering that this weekend for us he stuck out like a sore thumb, head and shoulders above everybody ability wise.

That's right. He was given another year's contract last summer but did not kick a competitive ball for us. If he is that good, we may want him back...

From what I recall Stevenson's attitude was excellent

Colin played in a good under 19 side. Iirc he played at left centre back tho' I think he was naturally right sided. He wasn't that tall but timed his headers well. Looked like he read the game well. I guess his injury came at the very worst possible time and tho' the Club were fair to him it must have hampered his development. Also when McNamara took over he was critical of the youth coaching system so it would've been doubly hard for Colin being injured when he could've been loaned out.

Good to hear he's impressing. Btw was he playing centreback or holding midfield?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

He played right back, but think he would make a great holding midfielder due to his passing ability and attitude.

Sounds a bit like Paul Paton. We also have O'Donnell and, now, Muirhead at right-back. McNamara had probably scouted Muirhead before Stevenson regained his fitness. Her Ladyship's comments are a fair assessment too.

This weekend we held our annual tournement playing 2 games in two days, as you may know we signed the lad stephenson from yous. I hold my hand i doubted him as i heard about his injury problems, but this weekend the boy was outstanding for us a real gem ! great ability and attitude. Also after hearing it was his first game in 2 years i was shocked he was outstanding.Was he rated at your club?

As it has already been said, he was really unfortunate with injuries. Think he was initially a Modern Apprentice and we then gave him a full-time deal. A couple of weeks later, he injured his cruciate and was out for the rest of the season. He signed another one year deal but never really fully recovered sufficiently enough to make any impact on either the first team or the unders.

I only watched him once and, to be honest, he didn't stand out but I'd imagine our coaching staff and scouts have the measure of him. If he continues to impress, I'm sure we'll have people at the Medda games.