How Big Is Tonight!

Lindau

Did anyone else see moron fans coin throwing at Muirhead? Terrible behaviour!

What I can't believe is that the Greenock locals are throwing money away???

I remember that. Obviously the poverty in that neck of the woods can't be as bad as it's made out to be. I thought it was nice of Muirhead to hand it back though!

We were discussing this on the way back up the road that it would be hilarious if we dont win a game against them this season but still end up champions. Be a right get it up you moment!!!

Aye, that would be pretty amusing. :lol:

Really disappointed with that. I'll give us the benefit of the doubt of not having played, we looked so rusty. Craig, Forbes, Erskine all in particular didn't look match fit to me.

Maybe a tad harsh, and I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere, but I'm annoyed Fox was beaten by free kick. Yes a sweet hit, but he's seen it the whole way, if you want to win the league there comes a match where your keeper wins you points. We have no points courtesy of foxy this year, he hasn't made a save that he's got no right to, he's just an average keeper I guess. Tuffey, Walker, Nelson, they all ,ade saves they had no right to make, Fox doesn't.

Welsh in the middle from now on too, get sod back in team.

Paton played ok, but I still wish he would snuff out Hardie and Tidser a bit quicker, they dominated in the middle.

Overall I'm gutted, before today I was pretty sure we wouldn't win the league, Morton too streetwise and way more consistent. Today hasn't changed that, we will not imo win all our games in hand, nor take more points than Morton between now and end of season. I obviously hope I'm wrong, but as good as this team is on their day, we don't seem to have the dig. No wins away from home since sept is appaling and probably one of the worst away records in the league, maybe in scotland.

Not wasting my breath on Murray, said I had to say a while ago about him.

Really disappointed with that. I'll give us the benefit of the doubt of not having played, we looked so rusty. Craig, Forbes, Erskine all in particular didn't look match fit to me.

Maybe a tad harsh, and I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere, but I'm annoyed Fox was beaten by free kick. Yes a sweet hit, but he's seen it the whole way, if you want to win the league there comes a match where your keeper wins you points. We have no points courtesy of foxy this year, he hasn't made a save that he's got no right to, he's just an average keeper I guess. Tuffey, Walker, Nelson, they all ,ade saves they had no right to make, Fox doesn't.

Welsh in the middle from now on too, get sod back in team.

Paton played ok, but I still wish he would snuff out Hardie and Tidser a bit quicker, they dominated in the middle.

Overall I'm gutted, before today I was pretty sure we wouldn't win the league, Morton too streetwise and way more consistent. Today hasn't changed that, we will not imo win all our games in hand, nor take more points than Morton between now and end of season. I obviously hope I'm wrong, but as good as this team is on their day, we don't seem to have the dig. No wins away from home since sept is appaling and probably one of the worst away records in the league, maybe in scotland.

Not wasting my breath on Murray, said I had to say a while ago about him.

long way to go,but your away form is bad.

• Members

Our players should be aware that Morton's fans, players and even their Manager on the radio after the game treated that result to day like a win! If we'd have been at home today against a team 8 points behind us and drew I'd have been disappointed with the display their side gave. I reckon they only made one clear cut chance (McMennamin miss in the 1st half) from open play. Thought the free kick for the first goal was soft. They didn't need much encouragement to go down at all, often with a loud scream. Can't really recall Scott Fox having that much to do?

Be interesting to see the penalty. Looked to be right at the edge from where I was sitting. I'd be interested to see how deliberate it was and if it was that far out, did it deserve a yellow card?

You have to wonder about what the ref's these days. Welsh got fouled 3 times in the second half by the number 11. The last of which was poorly timed and would have been deemed a yellow card by many other ref's we've seen this season, yet he still managed to avoid a yellow. Tidser threw the ball at the ref and got away with it. fairn enough the ref was facing the other way and never seen it, however, I can't believe his assistants and the 4thh official missed it as well???

Anyway, chins up lads. Hopefully come the end of the season football will be the winner!

• Like 2

cheers m8,it was a great game today,we stole a point today.looking forward to going to the return match at the big ground up there.we play better on them grounds. tonup up and beyond. :evil:

I don't think Morton stole a point, ok we lost a two goal lead but we could have been beat second half given our sit in. Constant high ball second half troubled us.

Raging the wy we blew it but no ground lost in the league so it's ok. Massive games in hand and we go back in front, bigger backing needed for them.

No matter what happened today and in other games, Hugh Murray is a Thistle player and he gets my support till he leaves the club. I mentioned in another thread that perhaps it wasnt a great decision by Archie to pick him today given the fact of his history in Morton games but I agree with others on here that he actually had a pretty good game for the 1st hour or so but then it all imploded and to be honest I would have had him substituted the minute he was booked.

Edited by Willjag

No matter what happened today and in other games, Hugh Murray is a Thistle player and he gets my support till he leaves the club. I mentioned in another thread that perhaps it wasnt a great decision by Archie to pick him today given the fact of his history in Morton games but I agree with others on here that he actually had a pretty good game for the 1st hour or so but then it all imploded.

I agree with that,but i think he'll need to earn some respect back after another needless red today,seems a pretty solid player when he stays on pitch.

I agree with that,but i think he'll need to earn some respect back after another needless red today,seems a pretty solid player when he stays on pitch.

Dont think he is gonna change his style at this stage of his career. He just cant seem to control himself against Morton

That felt like a loss today – no way would Morton have thrown away a two goal lead. Hardie was immense for them when he came on – only wish we signed him.

I thought Fox should have got the first goal – will take a look again in the highlights but for me he should have got a hand to it.

I thought Murray was having a good game till he got sent off. Second half the game passed him by a little but still got in some tackles and won the ball in the air for us. His sending off was stupid but I thought he was a little unlucky. Many referees would have turned a blind eye to a squaring up of players. As willjag says he never took any action against Tidser when he throw the ball at the ref!

After watching that I think Morton will win the league. Don’t think they will drop too many points before the end of the season. The difference in experience between the two sides is the difference.

We gave the ball away so cheaply today – think the occasion got to us a little.

Edited to add - the banter at the train station with the morton fans cheered me up a little. The abuse of the morton fan with the multi coloured outfit was hilarious!

Edited by Alan Murray

Seriously, a few points need mentioned here. Mega overreaction from some fans on here.

Murray is a **** - but the only player I've seen totally keep Fred out the game since Fred joined us. Murray's distribution was awful but everytime Fred got the ball, Murray was all over him.

We had one shot on goal? Whoever said that was drunk. McDonald hit the bar. McMenamin missed an absolute sitter. O'Brien missed a one on one and a shot was also cleared off the line.

I posted the free kick goal on the other thread, Fox looked slow.

Penalty was a stonewaller, watch Fox and your defenders' reaction to Murray's punch.

Hardie has been a ridiculous signing. I can't believe how good he has been for us.

Said a few months back that if Hardie kept fit he could be the difference at the end of the season. If we had signed him I reckon the league would be over by now!

He's won us far too many games to even think about how far we'd be behind without him.

His most important role is his influence on Tidser. He's been like a new signing this season with his new-found ability to attack.