Predictor League

Col

• Administrators

Just to let everyone know that we've set up a predictor league which you can sign up to, here:

http://www.wearethistle.co.uk/index.php?/page/predictor/index.html

We have set up the main predictor to follow Partick Thistle's matches this season but we are also thinking of creating predictor leagues for each Scottish divison. You can also create your own mini leagues.

To see the help section, click on the link for "help" on the left hand side navigation of the predictor page.

Please use your forum user name when signing up.

Cheers

• Administrators

Please remember to sign up for the predictor league before tomorrow's game at Annan.

The predictor will always be open for registration though, so you can still register after Saturday's game.

Any ideas about the predictor, please let us know. Was thinking of adding a new league for all the 1st division teams? So you would have one following the Jag's matches and one for the full 1st division. Any ideas welcome.

Cheers

• Members

How are points scored? Previous incarnations had points for predicting the correct result, the correct score, amount of home team goals and the amount of away team goals.

The ability to predict future games well in advance would be good also.

Edited by Willjag

• Administrators

At the moment -

Scoring

Points are awared as follows:

• 0 Points for predicting the correct number of goals by at least one team.
  • 0 Points for predicting the correct number of goals for the home team.
  • 0 Points for predicting the correct number of goals for the away team.
  • 3 Points for a correct score. i.e. you predict 3-1 and the result is 3-1.
  • 1 Point for a correct result. You predict 1-1, the score is 2-2.
  • 0 Points for a incorrect result. i.e. you predict 3-1 and the result is 1-3.

Goal Difference also counts

• For each correct teams number of goals you score, you receive that number of +goals. e.g. you predicit 2 and the team scores 2, you get +2 goals.
  • For each incorrect number of goals you predict per team, you lose the difference in goals. e.g. you predict 3 and the team scores 2, you get -1 goals.

Haven't set the ones at 0 yet, so open to suggestions.

You can predict all Thistle's games this season. They are split into weeks, so just use the dropdown menu to go between them or "my missing predictions" on the left hand nav.

Menu Options (left hand side)

• Prediction Table - Display the current standings.
  • Fixtures/Results - Display the fixtures and results.
  • My Missing Predictions - Display the games where you have not yet made a prediction.
  • My Predictions - Display or change the predictions you have made so far.
  • My Profile - Change your user preferences. You can change your password, username, icon, email address here.

Cheers

• Administrators

what about

* 1 Points for predicting the correct number of goals by at least one team.

* 1 Points for predicting the correct number of goals for the home team.

* 1 Points for predicting the correct number of goals for the away team.

* 3 Points for a correct score. i.e. you predict 3-1 and the result is 3-1.

* 1 Point for a correct result. You predict 1-1, the score is 2-2.

* 0 Points for a incorrect result. i.e. you predict 3-1 and the result is 1-3.

Goal Difference

* For each correct teams number of goals you score, you receive that number of +goals. e.g. you predicit 2 and the team scores 2, you get +2 goals.

* For each incorrect number of goals you predict per team, you lose the difference in goals. e.g. you predict 3 and the team scores 2, you get -1 goals.

Cheers

• Members

what about

* 1 Points for predicting the correct number of goals for the home team.

* 1 Points for predicting the correct number of goals for the away team.

* 3 Points for a correct score. i.e. you predict 3-1 and the result is 3-1.

* 1 Point for a correct result. You predict 1-1, the score is 2-2.

* 0 Points for a incorrect result. i.e. you predict 3-1 and the result is 1-3.

The rest just complicates matters I feel.

• Administrators

Looking into removing the goal difference stuff but not sure it can be switched off. (It comes as default with the software)

What does everyone think about having a "Jags Predictor" for all Thistle's games and also an "SFL Predictor" for all the 1st division games? Is there any point splitting them? Just thought some people may only want to predict scores for Thistle.

* to join both leagues - go to "my profile" and look for the heading "Joined leagues". Tick both options. Then at the top of the predictor page you will see a dropdown menu to flick between the leagues.

Cheers

• Administrators

Admin, I registered (I have the email to prove it!) and made a prediction for the Annan game, but I can't log in using the login details from my confirmation email and you don't seem to have me in the league.

Hello Twinny,

Sorry, not sure what has happened. I'll have a look. Have PMd you and will get you an account set up tonight.

Sorry for any hassle caused.

Cheers

• Administrators

I probably haven't read things right but I'm confused about the points system. I predicted a 3-0 win for Thistle but have 0 points with a -4 goal difference, any ideas? Seems like a lot of folk have gone for an Annan win as there are loads sitting on 0 points :unknw:

Sorry, you have read things correctly but I didn't fill out the results correctly :blush:

That should be it sorted now.

For the current scoring system (if you predicted - Annan Athletic 0 v 3 Partick Thistle)

You get:

1 Points for predicting the correct number of goals for the home team.

0 Points for predicting the correct number of goals for the away team.

0 Points for a correct score. i.e. you predict 3-1 and the result is 3-1.

1 Point for a correct result. You predict 1-1, the score is 2-2.

2 Points - Total

The goal difference:

If you predicted 0 v 3, you get -2 for goal difference as the score was only 0 v 1. If you predicted the correct amount of goals for Thistle, you would have got a +1 for goal difference.

The goal difference is a bit annoying, but it does give a better chance of having 1 winner at the end of the season and makes people more careful with their predictions. Still looking at removing this though.

Cheers

• Members

You're going to hate me Admin! I predicted a few eeks into the season and left the rest for later. Gone back to fill in my missing predictions and there are none! Apparently I predicted 0-0 for all the rest of the games in the season!

Also I was curious to see what score I predicted for last week, but can't seem to find it?

• Administrators

You're going to hate me Admin! I predicted a few eeks into the season and left the rest for later. Gone back to fill in my missing predictions and there are none! Apparently I predicted 0-0 for all the rest of the games in the season!

Also I was curious to see what score I predicted for last week, but can't seem to find it?

Haha, no problem. I think it defaults to 0-0 if you don't make a prediction. You can edit your predictions by clicking on the link "my predictions", on the left hand navigation.

To see your previous/future predictions, there is a dropdown menu just below the scrolling banner. It's called weeks and is a numbered list, each being a different week.

There is also another dropdown just above the scrolling banner that allows you to change between predictors. We have 2 at the moment. Jags Predictor and the SFL predictor. The Jags one is just Thistle games and the SFL one is all the first division games. You can join the SFL predictor by going to your "my profile" page and then under the heading "joined leagues" tick both.

Any problems just let me know. I will try and make some help files for the predictor with screenshots etc. and put them on the help section, but there is a help section (link on the left hand nav) on the predictor which should hopefully be useful.

Cheers

• Administrators

Predictor league has now been updated. I have also added in the Berwick Rangers fixture, so please remember to go to "my predictions" and fill it in before Tuesday night.

Current standings

Top 3 - Jags Predictor

1. Faraway Jag
  2. B.C.G. JAG
  3. jdwishbone

Top 3 - SFL Predictor

1. Faraway Jag
  2. steven18313
  3. twinny

You can join the predictor here: http://www.wearethistle.co.uk/index.php?/page/predictor/index.html

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...