Ftao Onethistle Or Brian, Stewards Blocking The View

RabTheJag

Im not sure who best to direct this to, but if anyone could help I would be very grateful. I considered putting this in the thread thats already going about disabled fans in the North Stand but I have a different issue I want to mention.

Since moving to the disabled section in the North Stand last season I have loved it, I feel I get a great view and I know what people are saying in the other thread about the risk of being whacked by the ball, but I love being so close to the action. My view was always unrestricted but now this season because we are in the top league now and getting big crowds every game there has been a big increase in stewarding in the North Stand, and when they are all standing up it really blocks my view of the action. At the Dundee Utd game I asked the steward immediately in front of me to move over slightly so I could see more of the pitch, and then at the Hearts game the stewards had chairs which they sat on. This was great, the perfect solution, the stewards dont need to move, they can still do their jobs and us wheelchair users still get a clear view of the on-field action.

But yesterday my view was terrible (maybe they were doing me a favour yesterday right enough!). None of the stewards had seats, and I asked the steward in front of me to move over a bit but she moved to an even worse position! I tried moving elsewhere but the position I moved to right behind the goal was still quite difficult to see from, and was more risky when shots flew just past the post.

Im not sure if this is outwith the clubs control or not, but I wondered, could Sandy from OneThistle, Brian the head steward or anyone else with the authority speak to the steward folk about this? Im not asking them to move away completely, if they could just provide them with seats and ask them to sit on them during the match, that would be a very simple solution to this issue.

Totally agree with you. I fortunately can take enough drugs and walk with the aid if a stick and my son/carer . I make an effort to walk rather than take a chair because of the reasons you have posted , I save my morphine for match days so I can get up a few rows to avoid getting hit by ball and get a half decent view . I also love the fact we are allowed in to the north stand with the great atmosphere instead of cordoned off separated from the main support like many places. I just as you may have seen on my previous posts want to come in to the north stand without hassle from stewards ;)

• Like 1