An Alternative Kind Of Football

RabTheJag

Im not sure if this should be posted here or in the general forum, but I wanted to share this news with you all about how the first ever Scottish Powerchair Football League has now kicked off.

I enjoyed being a part of it, but unfortunately my team lost every game! But its great that we now have a competitive setup in place, its been a long time coming but its certainly been worth the wait. The only bad thing is the main team in Scotland at the moment who I play for is run by Clyde FC so as a Jags fan having to wear a Clyde top is terrible!

Heres a bit from the article, and a link to the full story below:

National Powerchair league kicks off

The first ever National Powerchair League kicked off in Lanarkshire at the weekend.

The sport had no formal league structure in Scotland until the competition began at the Ravenscraig Regional Sports Facility on Sunday.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=3304&newsID=12547&newsCategoryID=1

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to share the new Facebook page I created for Clyde Powerchair Football Club. Its a great sport for disabled people, and its popularity is on the rise. If you use Facebook I would really appreciate it if you could "like" and share this page, as I try to spread the word far and wide about it. Cheers!

https://www.facebook.com/ClydePFC

An action video of a controversial goal scored in one of my team's defeats. Surely if the post hadn't been rammed out of the way the ball would never have crossed the line? Talk about moving the goalposts! Mind you, the team we were playing here are called Tayside Dynamos, so I guess I shouldnt be surprised at a team from Dundee getting dodgy refereeing decisions lol