Summer Transfers, Frees, Sackings And Managerial Moves

ClydebankJag

Not surprised at Locke. To be fair, outwith a semi-decent run at the start and those 17 points he secured AFTER they were relegated, there was a large chunk of the season he didn't do much. Made some strange formations and decisions. Would never criticize him as he had a difficult job. But the last couple months shouldn't be taken too seriously given the circumstances. Don't think Locke would be the most connected manager outwith Scotland either. All depends on who gets brought in I guess.

Lennon is more harsh, but St Mirren fans have delusions of grandeur. Lennon winning a cup, bringing through youth, playing slightly better football than under Gus, also avoiding playoffs first with a positive end to the season. Did all that was asked of him and can see him return to management quickly.

Also I think the Levein appointment is excellent for Hearts. Perfect guy to build proper foundations, youth teams and community involvement.

Edited by read'n'yell

I thought that Hearts played good football even though they were struggling, as you say it depends if they ultimately get someone better to replace Locke.

I see that Jamie MacDonald, Ryan Stevenson and Jamie Hamill have all left the club as well. Looks like the 3 biggest earners have been culled.