Paddy Boyle

I get the impression that Boyle is a confidence player who will get better with a settled run in the team. Getting on his back as soon as he misplaces a pass isn't going to help. He also looks to have worked hard at his game to get back in the team since being transfer listed.

Paton on the other hand thinks he is better than he is (despite his obvious shortcomings) and thinks he has a right to have a go at the fans. He's went backwards in the time he has been here.

I know who I'd rather have in my team.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know who I'd rather have in my team.

It's not a straight choice between the two, though.

I've never placed much weight on the view that fans can have a significant impact on the performance of players, but last night was a clear example of where it did.

Paton was obviously nervous about facing the JH - and rightly so - and was poor in the first half. He settled during the second half when at the opposite side of the ground. Boyle, in contrast, looked to be growing in confidence as the JH recognised and applauded his efforts.

It's not a straight choice between the two, though.

I've never placed much weight on the view that fans can have a significant impact on the performance of players, but last night was a clear example of where it did.

Paton was obviously nervous about facing the JH - and rightly so - and was poor in the first half. He settled during the second half when at the opposite side of the ground. Boyle, in contrast, looked to be growing in confidence as the JH recognised and applauded his efforts.

My point exactly, we're called supporters for a reason.

Paddy Boyle's been our best defender of this long season, actually.

He gets alot of undeserved criticism, IMO.

Paddy is probably our best player at the moment but if you compare him with the best players in the first division he's crap. shows the quality of thistles squad.

Well that makes your position clear then. I do think "hate" is a particularly ridiculous comment to make however. I suggest you maybe think before posting comments like that.

Anyone that can give their own fans the giruy sign is not likeable in my books

Anyone that can give their own fans the giruy sign is not likeable in my books

Not likeable and hate are 2 completely different things.

Not sticking up for what he did but he was one of the few who did come to offer thanks for our support and was met with disgraceful abuse, hence the retort. Maybe he should just troop off with some of the others and not acknowledge the fans for supporting them through a very poor display. If he did that, you would be on his back for doing just that. The boy can't win. Time we all grew up a little as a lot of our supporters think that they can hurl abuse and make gestures unresponded to players and staff of the club. I don't blame what he did albeit am disappointed he didn't rise above some of the immature supporters behaving that way.

Not likeable and hate are 2 completely different things.

Not sticking up for what he did but he was one of the few who did come to offer thanks for our support and was met with disgraceful abuse, hence the retort. Maybe he should just troop off with some of the others and not acknowledge the fans for supporting them through a very poor display. If he did that, you would be on his back for doing just that. The boy can't win. Time we all grew up a little as a lot of our supporters think that they can hurl abuse and make gestures unresponded to players and staff of the club. I don't blame what he did albeit am disappointed he didn't rise above some of the immature supporters behaving that way.

mearnsjag, remember you're arguing the toss here with a guy who reckons most Jags fans are clowns. Kinda waste of time going into semantics with this young whippersnapper.

I don't agree that Boyle had a good game.

He maybe didn't have a bad game but there was nothing on display to suggest he is at a standard required for this league.

Several times last night he refused to accept a pass from another player, an action some seem to interpret as sensible and intelligent. Frankly it just looked like he was scared in case he was caught in possession. Watching him he looks abjectly miserable, surely you have no chance of playing decent football if you don't even enjoy playing?

Paton at least looks like a player and looks far more committed. Some fans seem to have it in for him ever since rumours emerged that he thought himself good enough to play in the SPL. I can't blame hin to reacting to abuse on Saturday. I wasn't particularly happy myself but don't really see the point in abusing individual players.

It's time people stopped backing Paton up, he's a Big Time Charlie who believes he's better than he is. For every good performance there's at least 2 shiters. Wish people would open their eyes and stop dancing around the fact we have a shite team.

why? and have you heard that from his mouth or are you taking second/third hand info here

we have a team that is on parr with the money we have to spend not that great but what we can afford and on the whole i think most do there best.

i do not think it is helpful for them to be ripped apart every time they make a mistake and could wreck whatever condidence they have and we dont have anyone to take there place.

why? and have you heard that from his mouth or are you taking second/third hand info here

we have a team that is on parr with the money we have to spend not that great but what we can afford and on the whole i think most do there best.

i do not think it is helpful for them to be ripped apart every time they make a mistake and could wreck whatever condidence they have and we dont have anyone to take there place.

Fair enough, not like they get paid or anything. Open your eyes mate, I think they have the easy life and it's not exactly hard if that's their profession, I think half of the players are just lazy swines

It's time people stopped backing Paton up, he's a Big Time Charlie who believes he's better than he is. For every good performance there's at least 2 shiters. Wish people would open their eyes and stop dancing around the fact we have a shite team.

Have you met him? have you spoken to him? What do you base such revolting accusations on?

Have you met him? have you spoken to him? What do you base such revolting accusations on?

I have spoke to him and he seems pretty sound actually, and I know people who know him very well. He's from Linwood. But you can just tell with his bleating about how he can go and play in the SPL.

Fair enough, not like they get paid or anything. Open your eyes mate, I think they have the easy life and it's not exactly hard if that's their profession, I think half of the players are just lazy swines

Serious question, are you on a wind up, because I cant believe you can have such unfounded views and cant understand that ripping into players who we cant afford to get rid of and cant afford to replace anyway is pointless.

If you want to do something ref the board and have a plan then great go for it and if the plan makes sense I might even support it, but please start being realistic

Serious question, are you on a wind up, because I cant believe you can have such unfounded views and cant understand that ripping into players who we cant afford to get rid of and cant afford to replace anyway is pointless.

If you want to do something ref the board and have a plan then great go for it and if the plan makes sense I might even support it, but please start being realistic

Again you are defending them. Do you really think they care about what you think ? No. End of the day, the players aren't doing their jobs properly and you can argue all day long about that, but the truth is clear.

I have spoke to him and he seems pretty sound actually, and I know people who know him very well. He's from Linwood. But you can just tell with his bleating about how he can go and play in the SPL. PISH!

Exactly, I've met him a couple of times and he is a perfectly reasonable bloke, as you agree, but just because he might want to better himself, you call him all the names under the sun.

Lets hope nobody ever makes assumptions about you then.....

Exactly, I've met him a couple of times and he is a perfectly reasonable bloke, as you agree, but just because he might want to better himself, you call him all the names under the sun.

Lets hope nobody ever makes assumptions about you then.....

Well it's the fact he's not really necessarily good enough for the First Division, never mind the SPL.

People can call me names and make any assumptions about me that they want. But I can assure you I won't be giving out any GIRUY signs. Opinions are opinions.

Again you are defending them. Do you really think they care about what you think ? No. End of the day, the players aren't doing their jobs properly and you can argue all day long about that, but the truth is clear.

has it never occurred to you there is a reason they are playing in the 1 div of Scotland and not in the sphell or in England.... oh that's right because they are not up to that standard.

if you cant take that in then I cant help you.

I have no problems with people being frustrated during a match, hell I have still to apologise to Balerno Jag for some of the stuff I was shouting when his kids were next to me, BUT when I have calmed down after the match I can understand that they will make mistakes and yes that maybe some aren't good enough for the 1 div but thats what we have.

Edited by jaggybunnet

Well it's the fact he's not really necessarily good enough for the First Division, never mind the SPL.

People can call me names and make any assumptions about me that they want. But I can assure you I won't be giving out any GIRUY signs. Opinions are opinions.

You don't need to give out any signs you do it perfectly well by your posts. Amounts to much the same thing.

Okay then. Fine. Back them up all you want. Back them up all the way to the Second Division. I will still be at every game, and I play football myself so I understand it ain't hard, but that's their profession, if money doesn't get them going then I don't know what will. But what I've watched this season and what I'm told about Tuesday night against Berwick is just ridiculous and I'm sick of it.

Edited by Jeehon

Okay then. Fine. Back them up all you want. Back them up all the way to the Second Division. I will still be at every game, and I play football myself so I understand it ain't hard, but that's their profession, if money doesn't get them going then I don't know what will. But what I've watched this season and what I'm told about Tuesday night against Berwick is just ridiculous and I'm sick of it.

not a dig at your age but how long have you supported Thistle?

this is what the jags are, ridiculous lows and ridiculous highs if you catch us in the middle ground enjoy it it wont last.

not a dig at your age but how long have you supported Thistle?

this is what the jags are, ridiculous lows and ridiculous highs if you catch us in the middle ground enjoy it it wont last.

That doesn't matter. Half my ******* life has been spent on watching us go nowhere. You won't find a bigger football motivated teenager than me, I don't drink, smoke or anything. I just want to love football and play it. I also expect to watch a high standard of football on Saturday. I don't know how many times I've watched Thistle get arsed by a mediocre team and not thought twice about where I'd be next Saturday. At the game.