Reset Button

allyo

Come on Thistle. Seven points clear at this stage. Most of us would have taken it at the start of the season. We're as good as anyone this league. Time to start believing it because we're way better than this. Sort it out before the sensible people have to start panicking.

I'm not panicking, I'm angry.

It's not the end of the world getting relegated, God knows we've all been though it enough. It won't be the End Times if we're playing Championship football next season.

But I will not pay money to watch footballers who are not interested in playing for Partick Thistle.

In my opinion that's what we got today. That shower are lucky Firhill isn't laid out the way it once was, as they would have had a huge crowd giving them dogs abuse as they scuttled back to the changing rooms.

Edited by Richard Nixon

I'm not panicking, I'm angry.

It's not the end of the world getting relegated, God knows we've all been though it enough. It won't be the End Times if we're playing Championship football next season.

But I will not pay money to watch footballers who are not interested in playing for Partick Thistle.

In my opinion that's what we got today. That shower are lucky Firhill isn't laid out the way it once was, as they would have had a huge crowd giving them dogs abuse as they scuttled back to the changing rooms.

Exactly, I want to see players give everything they have when they pull on that thistle jersey.

Archie said himself after the game we lacked HUNGER and DESIRE and need to get the basics right.

Seriously think some of these players need dropped to the reserves and give some young players a chance atleast they'll have the hunger.

Exactly, I want to see players give everything they have when they pull on that thistle jersey.

Archie said himself after the game we lacked HUNGER and DESIRE and need to get the basics right.

Seriously think some of these players need dropped to the reserves and give some young players a chance atleast they'll have the hunger.

To be fair to the manager, he is really going to have to earn his money in the next few weeks. Believe it or not we are still in a reasonable position. If we go down by bringing in youngsters now, while we are still basically 8 points clear of three teams(goal difference) he will get slaughtered. If he continues to play players that are not interested and we go down he will get slaughtered. IMO only keeping us up, even if it's via the play offs, will save him from a slaughtering on here and in the media. It's time for him (and the players) to prove their worth. One also has to note that plenty on here have said that youngsters that have got their chance (McDaid and Keenan) are not ready. Can anyone tell me what other youngsters we have that are ready for the massive step up in what increasingly could become a pressure pot situation over the coming weeks.

Edited by Lindau

To be fair to the manager, he is really going to have to earn his money in the next few weeks. Believe it or not we are still in a reasonable position. If we go down by bringing in youngsters now, while we are still basically 8 points clear of three teams(goal difference) he will get slaughtered. If he continues to play players that are not interested and we go down he will get slaughtered. IMO only keeping us up, even if it's via the play offs, will save him from a slaughtering on here and in the media. It's time for him (and the players) to prove their worth. One also has to note that plenty on here have said that youngsters that have got their chance (McDaid and Keenan) are not ready. Can anyone tell me what other youngsters we have that are ready for the massive step up?

You're right we are stil in a decent position but Archie will really earn his dough now.

One things for sure I don't think the youngsters could do any worse than some of that shower yesterday. I don't think Richards Everton could be any worse than Frans and Seabourne yesterday or Keenan worse than Booth.

McDaid has shown the way with some good performances albeit not yesterday. Against Celtic he was hungry when so many others lack that.

Are they ready for the step up? Only one way to find out.

Edited by Gingerjag
  • Like 1