Sfl Online Highlights Show

RabTheJag

I notice this season that the SFL website now has a highlights show which gives a pretty comprehensive round-up of the weekend's SFL games. Is this the reason why we are not charging for our highlights this season? Because it would be pretty pointless charging fans for highlights they can see for free elsewhere on the web, unless the club gave many bonus features, exclusive interviews etc.

What I was wondering though is, although its great there is finally an SFL highlights package, will the SFL clubs recieve much revenue from the highlights been shown online, as we would do if the highlights were being shown on the telly? How much did we get when Football First or whatever it was called used to be on STV? Im guessing it wouldn't have been a great deal, and this leads to my next point. Are Thistle losing out with this online highlights show, because I would have imagined if we were charging fans to see our match highlights that we would have made a lot more money out of it than we will be recieving from this highlights package.

I notice this season that the SFL website now has a highlights show which gives a pretty comprehensive round-up of the weekend's SFL games. Is this the reason why we are not charging for our highlights this season? Because it would be pretty pointless charging fans for highlights they can see for free elsewhere on the web, unless the club gave many bonus features, exclusive interviews etc.

What I was wondering though is, although its great there is finally an SFL highlights package, will the SFL clubs recieve much revenue from the highlights been shown online, as we would do if the highlights were being shown on the telly? How much did we get when Football First or whatever it was called used to be on STV? Im guessing it wouldn't have been a great deal, and this leads to my next point. Are Thistle losing out with this online highlights show, because I would have imagined if we were charging fans to see our match highlights that we would have made a lot more money out of it than we will be recieving from this highlights package.

In a way we may be charging some fans for highlights. If memory serves me part of the season ticket sales pitch was exclusive free rights to match highlights for a limited period. It could just be that some punters renewed or bought season tickets on the strength of this or more likely as a contributing factor :unsure: .