Freddie

Lindau

Is it a coincidence that in the last couple of days we have had Freddie and Little both bigging up Archie ? I'm just worried that he is calling in favours to get his name about for a move to an English club.

It's probably more that there's no premiership games on, the media know absolutely nothing about lower league football so can't report on that and, even for the Scottish media, there's only a finite amount of times you can write about how much of a dreamboat you think mark warburton is.

Andy little was touting himself for a move to some championship clubs, and Freddie is a popular ex player... in terms of an article where you don't actually have to try very hard to say anything both of those are gold mines. That they both saw fit to praise Archie is testament to his managerial skills. Sooner or later, English clubs will take notice (indeed, one already did) but I'm pretty sure he's said he has unfinished business here, and I don't think he wants to go just yet.

• Like 1