Let's Start A Fighting Fund

Gaucho

I know we have the monthly draw win a car thing run by the Club but that entails setting up standing orders etc and a lot of folk canny be bothered with the hassle. I think we have to accept that unless McCall walks we we have to work with him because we cant afford to pay him off and in addition have wages to pay for a new manager. Therefore we have to get get better players on the park to stop us dropping out the league this year. The consequences could be the end of the Club or even worse - trips to Arbroath, Forfar etc etc!!!

I reckon if approx 1000 of us chucked a fiver or a tenner into some buckets outside Firhill prior to all the home games running up to Christmas we could raise approx £35k - £50k. The pre-requistite in us providing the Club with this money would be that the Directors as a collective matched us £ for £. If any of them refuse they should be forced to walk. If this plan worked we would perhaps have enough funds in place to sign 4 new players in the January window. There are a lot of players out there that could do a job for us at the moment. Eg. look at Tam McManus - desperate for a club and then scores 2 on his Falkirk debut.

It's only an idea but we are in desperate times and this course of action might just be enough to save us this season. The Board are obviously gambling that we will finish above Stirling & Cowdeneath but after our last 2 results this is definitely not a given any longer. I believe Season Ticket holders like myself would be willing to chuck some spare weekend cash in the buckets and I also feel it's not too much to ask some Dads & Mums who are getting their kids in free at league games to contribute some of the money they are saving to a very worthy cause. In addition funds could be raised by ourselves by doing a sponsored walk or cycle to a nearby away game (Falkirk? Stirling?). This would maybe create some press coverage which could prove helpful.

I know I will probably get shot down in flames here but I believe we have to examine all options. I reckon the current squad with a sprinkling of good new additions would keep us afloat this season.

Over to you...

I know we have the monthly draw win a car thing run by the Club but that entails setting up standing orders etc and a lot of folk canny be bothered with the hassle. I think we have to accept that unless McCall walks we we have to work with him because we cant afford to pay him off and in addition have wages to pay for a new manager. Therefore we have to get get better players on the park to stop us dropping out the league this year. The consequences could be the end of the Club or even worse - trips to Arbroath, Forfar etc etc!!!

I reckon if approx 1000 of us chucked a fiver or a tenner into some buckets outside Firhill prior to all the home games running up to Christmas we could raise approx £35k - £50k. The pre-requistite in us providing the Club with this money would be that the Directors as a collective matched us £ for £. If any of them refuse they should be forced to walk. If this plan worked we would perhaps have enough funds in place to sign 4 new players in the January window. There are a lot of players out there that could do a job for us at the moment. Eg. look at Tam McManus - desperate for a club and then scores 2 on his Falkirk debut.

It's only an idea but we are in desperate times and this course of action might just be enough to save us this season. The Board are obviously gambling that we will finish above Stirling & Cowdeneath but after our last 2 results this is definitely not a given any longer. I believe Season Ticket holders like myself would be willing to chuck some spare weekend cash in the buckets and I also feel it's not too much to ask some Dads & Mums who are getting their kids in free at league games to contribute some of the money they are saving to a very worthy cause. In addition funds could be raised by ourselves by doing a sponsored walk or cycle to a nearby away game (Falkirk? Stirling?). This would maybe create some press coverage which could prove helpful.

I know I will probably get shot down in flames here but I believe we have to examine all options. I reckon the current squad with a sprinkling of good new additions would keep us afloat this season.

Over to you...

I think your missing the jist of the problem we have at present mate. People have no faith in the ones who run our club, we could go out and raise millions but they'd still not manage to pay off the bank and put a team on the park as they'd come up with some hairbrained scheme to heat their seats or something. Until there is change at the top the Club are gonna have one hell of a job on their hands getting many to part with anymore than the entry fee to Firhill and many are now consideringnot even doing that.

Over to you...

caught between 2 stools on this one,i personally think it is a good suggestion but,who do we trust with the money,mr mccolls judgement seems to have left him and you certainly couldnt trust the board.Iam a nomad so wont be back till around january,if however something could be set up,would mind chipping in via cheque!

caught between 2 stools on this one,i personally think it is a good suggestion but,who do we trust with the money,mr mccolls judgement seems to have left him and you certainly couldnt trust the board.Iam a nomad so wont be back till around january,if however something could be set up,would mind chipping in via cheque!

Lets not bother, it's my view that if you raised £50K per year for this lot they would simply reduce their contribution to the wage bill by about, well, £50K.

better raising a fighting fund to buy the club in 10 years time when it goes bust and we have nothing left to sell.