You Cannae Do That Because......

jaf

Don't believe it.

But do nothing and we are doomed. Some like McKennan may not accept that, or they may have other agendas, but just do the maths from Saturday. Budgeted crowd less actual attendance minus kids multiplied by gate entry less Vat probably equals north of £10k....how many home games can that go on??

So come the day when the history of the season when Partick Thistle "died/were saved" is written, what are you going to say you did? Accepted it as a fait accompli? Said it can't be done? Took pot shots from the sidelines at anyone who suggested anything positive? Or join the fight to try to save the club you love?

Edited by jaf

Don't believe it.

But do nothing and we are doomed. Some like McKennan may not accept that, or they may have other agendas, but just do the maths from Saturday. Budgeted crowd less actual attendance minus kids multiplied by gate entry less Vat probably equals north of £25k....how many home games can that go on??

So come the day when the history of the season when Partick Thistle "died/were saved" is written, what are you going to say you did? Accepted it as a fait accompli? Said it can't be done? Took pot shots from the sidelines at anyone who suggested anything positive? Or join the fight to try to save the club you love?

I wonder how much time there is left?

The jigsaw pieces are all lining up though.

Lower than hoped for gates

Lower season ticket sales (evident from the attempts to sell part season tickets)

Lower hospitality uptake

The change in the propco proposals (no club facilities means more profit in phase 1 - straight to Lloyds Banking Group)

It looks grim. I sympathise with folk who are currently wondering what the hell is going on and what they can do to help, since I'm one of them.

I wonder how much time there is left?

The jigsaw pieces are all lining up though.

Lower than hoped for gates

Lower season ticket sales (evident from the attempts to sell part season tickets)

Lower hospitality uptake

The change in the propco proposals (no club facilities means more profit in phase 1 - straight to Lloyds Banking Group)

It looks grim. I sympathise with folk who are currently wondering what the hell is going on and what they can do to help, since I'm one of them.

Ditto.

Ditto.

Can't really add much to this, as it sums up exactly what I've been thinking for some considerable time now. What is quite worrying is the fact that the so called custodians of this club couldn't see what nearly everyone else can. I hardly think the current position of the team, required the clairvoyant talents of "Mystic Meg" to foresee.

Edited by stillresigned

Don't believe it.

But do nothing and we are doomed. Some like McKennan may not accept that, or they may have other agendas, but just do the maths from Saturday. Budgeted crowd less actual attendance minus kids multiplied by gate entry less Vat probably equals north of £10k....how many home games can that go on??

What don't I accept?

What agenda 'may I have'?

its time the trust got itself organised for any bombshell news

from the club ,

this is how cowan came to the four with save the jags

at the time he was spokesman and organiser for save the jags

with weekly meetings at his office in Glasgow

what is needed is the ability to raise as much cash we can

a sort of save the jags two

if we go into administration then cash talks

What don't I accept?

What agenda 'may I have'?

I am not saying you have an agenda, only that some might.

I dont read the forum intently, but I had noted in a few posts a scepticism from you that there is not options out there and so no strategy to save club exists, but perhaps you were being sarcastic ir flippant, as I say its from quite a small sample of posts, so apologies if it misrepresented you,

In any case, the point is, now is the time for us all joiningt ogether, what we have has not worked for a long time. Something needs to happen before the club ceases to be. Doing nothing does not seem to be an option.

I hardly ever post these days, but seeing jaf has come on , I may as well put my tuppence worth in.

From my far off perch up here in the Highlands, even I can see that things are nor exactly all roses with the Jags just now.

In fact it is so bad and so dysfunctional it is really hard to know where to begin with it all.

whats wrong??? 1. A board that has for sometime not properly communicated with the fans,and acts very suspiciously of those who have volunteered their help. They have become so entrenched that they almost view the support as enemies which they depend on to keep the gates ticking over. They come up with one scheme after another, which inevitably falls flat on its face, leaving the club in a worse position than before. I could go on at length, but that is enough board slagging for me.

2. The team... Including the management. Granted, it cannot be easy, trying to put a decent team on the park,with barely any budget. But facts are, that fans will only turn up for so long and not be happy with the team performance, before they get fed up watching the same dross,and coming away miserable.

3. The Trust...And this sorely disappoints me to say, because I really had some hope when the jags trust reformed a couple of years back. But if anything, it appears that the trust is also stagnating. People have come and gone from it, some very quickly indeed. I would have expected more of the trust than what it has ultimately produced. But perhaps I am being slightly unfair,as it seems that the board do not make things easy for them, or their representative. However, there is a lot that can still be done.

4.The support...and I can honestly say, I have never known a worse time to be a jags fan. It used to be fun,and even if we didn't do all that well, the support still supported the team,and each other. That appears to have gone now, to be replaced by quite a bit of infighting and nastiness, which I would want no part of. So, I can't even say that I feel that I am jags supporter anymore!

When you add all these things together....it all adds up to one thing...a club which is dying on its feet, and hardly even worth trying to save!

Now, isn't that an awful state of affairs!!!

If anything is to be done...It has to begin NOW !!!! Because when the end comes, it will come fast,and those that still have the will to save hte jags again, will be too few, and with too little time to do it.

What can be done??

Well first off...THe Trust has to take prime position, and we the support have to back them. But, only If the Trust really engages witht eh support. Not just trust memebers, but the whole fan base!!

Folk have to start pulling together and start supporting the team properly. We have the manager we have, like him or not!! Get behind him, because we sure as hell can't afford to get rid of him.

Support the team, even more so when they are having a bad day. Giving them abuse is not going to help them!! And mostly stop fighting amongst ourselves!!!

I would also suggest the the Trust, approaches the board and asks for more representation on the board and to be treated as the major shareholders we are. If the board is reluctant..ask their price!!! Raise a fighting fund. Be prepared for when the worst comes. Is coming!!!

Ok...thats my starter for ten... over to you guys.

Rod