Jags Trust And Tax

Willjag

No, they don't, Will. There are certain rules that they have to operate in but for the type of things that the Trust has done they are not an issue.

I could be wrong, but is it essentially that the Trust isn't subject to corporation tax because we don't make a qualifying "profit" as an entity?

VAT would also be irrelevant at this stage because our turnover is nowhere near the registration threshold.

Edited by Woodstock Jag

• Members

No, they don't, Will. There are certain rules that they have to operate in but for the type of things that the Trust has done they are not an issue.

Thanks Allan. Leading on from that.... if a supporters group were to set up fund-raising for the Club and it went directly to the Club, would tax be due from that or would it be better for any monies raised to go via the Trust?

I could be wrong, but is it essentially that the Trust isn't subject to corporation tax because we don't make a qualifying "profit" as an entity?

VAT would also be irrelevant at this stage because our turnover is nowhere near the registration threshold.

Yes, but next to none of our activities would count as trading in any event.

Thanks Allan. Leading on from that.... if a supporters group were to set up fund-raising for the Club and it went directly to the Club, would tax be due from that or would it be better for any monies raised to go via the Trust?

From the point of view of the donation I don't think that would make a difference from the taxation perspective. Not sure what the position would be from the club's perspective as the recipient. Probably any number of ways to dress it up in the accounts in any way (not that I am suggesting anything other than the clearest transparency in our financial transactions!)

From the point of view of the donation I don't think that would make a difference from the taxation perspective. Not sure what the position would be from the club's perspective as the recipient. Probably any number of ways to dress it up in the accounts in any way (not that I am suggesting anything other than the clearest transparency in our financial transactions!)

If this was monies received from fundraising events or as a donation this is not liable to taxation.