The Thistle Bar

Jaggernaut

the digger's a joke. u've got to laugh at the idiots in it. if ur a real gangster no one knows your name. i honestly thing some of these so called gangsters write to the daily record and the digger n tell them stories about themselves. :)) they're wannabe celebrities. they'll be on dancin on ice next

the digger's a joke. u've got to laugh at the idiots in it. if ur a real gangster no one knows your name. i honestly thing some of these so called gangsters write to the daily record and the digger n tell them stories about themselves. :)) they're wannabe celebrities. they'll be on dancin on ice next

Im sorry mate but you are talking absolute rubbish, the Thistle Bar was probably the dodgiest boozer in the immediate area whilst it was open, also there may be a couple of well-to-do folk in some of the flats near the bike shop but Id hardly call georges cross a luvvie hotbed!

It wasn't dodgy at all. No pub in glasgow is really dodgy it's all just hype. If you're an a-hole u can get stabbed anywhere. It's really bad luck if someone starts on u for no reason. i also believe a place is only as hard as u will let it be. Most people who try it on are just loud mouth idiots who need their spirit broken by the aminisitering of one good, sustained character building kickin

and furthermore, anyone who said glasgow is a hard or dodgy sitting is talkin absolute drivel. Glasgow's pure safe, even when you're in the 'dodgy lol' parts. It's hardly kandahar or mogadishu. People just try put spin on it make it sound hard but its just like anywhere else in britain

and furthermore, anyone who said glasgow is a hard or dodgy sitting is talkin absolute drivel. Glasgow's pure safe, even when you're in the 'dodgy lol' parts. It's hardly kandahar or mogadishu. People just try put spin on it make it sound hard but its just like anywhere else in britain

Every city in Britain has dodgy areas, however you're more likely to be stabbed in Glasgow than anywhere else in Europe. I know it is an old article but I don't imagine that much changes in 7 years. Here is something a little more recent.

My friends down here (in England) think it is amazing that I can talk about people having tried to jump/mug me when I was younger as if it is a normal thing that just happens sometimes. In Glasgow I've walked past phone boxes containing junkies shooting up, I've been to the funeral of a guy who got stabbed 17 times in the chest but it turned out the guy who did it was looking for his twin brother. A couple of years later I saw the twin that was still alive on a BBC article having been arrested for attempted murder and aggrevated racial assault. These are things that my friends from all over England have never experienced. Obviously it's unlikely you get caught up in this stuff unless you get yourself into it, but to suggest Glasgow isn't rough is stupid. Just walk about Maryhill and count the number of people you encounter with scars from being knifed across their faces.

Every city in Britain has dodgy areas, however you're more likely to be stabbed in Glasgow than anywhere else in Europe. I know it is an old article but I don't imagine that much changes in 7 years. Here is something a little more recent.

My friends down here (in England) think it is amazing that I can talk about people having tried to jump/mug me when I was younger as if it is a normal thing that just happens sometimes. In Glasgow I've walked past phone boxes containing junkies shooting up, I've been to the funeral of a guy who got stabbed 17 times in the chest but it turned out the guy who did it was looking for his twin brother. A couple of years later I saw the twin that was still alive on a BBC article having been arrested for attempted murder and aggrevated racial assault. These are things that my friends from all over England have never experienced. Obviously it's unlikely you get caught up in this stuff unless you get yourself into it, but to suggest Glasgow isn't rough is stupid. Just walk about Maryhill and count the number of people you encounter with scars from being knifed across their faces.

:o Oh! I'd always thought that they'd been sleeping on creased pillows.

that doesnt make it rough but, the dudes wae the chibs wid never bother ye. nae 0one does. it's a friendly city. the odds of u gettin knifed here are pretty slim, tho saying that i got knifed on duke street but i was askin for it, doon fightin the duke street firm wae the gringo boys. Gringo number 1

:unsure::lol:

that doesnt make it rough but, the dudes wae the chibs wid never bother ye. nae 0one does. it's a friendly city. the odds of u gettin knifed here are pretty slim, tho saying that i got knifed on duke street but i was askin for it, doon fightin the duke street firm wae the gringo boys. Gringo number 1

:crazy::happy3::confused1:

Did you not live in Nottingham which, correct me if I'm wrong, has the biggest gun problem outside London?

Did you not live in Nottingham which, correct me if I'm wrong, has the biggest gun problem outside London?

I live in a quiet wee villiage 10 miles out of Nottingham. And they made a mistake when calculating those gun crime figures, taking the number of crimes from the inner city but using the polulation of the entire city. It still has some horrible areas though.

Sorry, my earlier post was a bit mental, must have been in a funny mood.