Thistle Fans

Stephen1876

The atmosphere died the day the Shed went and I reckon everyone who was there that night and got caught up in the emotion of it all knew that this was coming.

The atmosphere at Firhill these days is torturous and I reckon this is without a doubt something that puts many off from making the effort. I sit in the middle and if the 'Shed' end is giving it laldy you would never know it. The only way you relaise that there is any singing is that eventually it has been replaced by hand clapping in the middle areas of the stand which generally fades within two or three claps. It really is turgid stuff.

The Club HAS to realise that it is worth the effort of asking the Shed boys to head on up to the other end and the families to make their way down to the North end for a few games at least to see if it can make a difference. Attempting something is better than just leaving the shitty situation that we have right now.

The atmosphere died the day the Shed went and I reckon everyone who was there that night and got caught up in the emotion of it all knew that this was coming.

The atmosphere at Firhill these days is torturous and I reckon this is without a doubt something that puts many off from making the effort. I sit in the middle and if the 'Shed' end is giving it laldy you would never know it. The only way you relaise that there is any singing is that eventually it has been replaced by hand clapping in the middle areas of the stand which generally fades within two or three claps. It really is turgid stuff.

The Club HAS to realise that it is worth the effort of asking the Shed boys to head on up to the other end and the families to make their way down to the North end for a few games at least to see if it can make a difference. Attempting something is better than just leaving the shitty situation that we have right now.

agreed, or moving the "shed", to where the press sit, right in the middle, where the old singers used to be, at the segregation fence.

agreed, or moving the "shed", to where the press sit, right in the middle, where the old singers used to be, at the segregation fence.

Back then though there was opposing fans to sing to. That's where an atmosphere is created. Moving the singers to the middle would just mean the hand clapping would be on either side of them. For me atmospheres are generated through the banter with the opposition, if we can't manage that or are not allowed it then we really should just lock the gates and throw away the key.

The game is sterile enough as it is. If we want to change this then we need to give it a go.

Back then though there was opposing fans to sing to. That's where an atmosphere is created. Moving the singers to the middle would just mean the hand clapping would be on either side of them. For me atmospheres are generated through the banter with the opposition, if we can't manage that or are not allowed it then we really should just lock the gates and throw away the key.

The game is sterile enough as it is. If we want to change this then we need to give it a go.

gain good point mate, what is to stop the whole shed moving on mass and just going to the opposite end of the ground, the kids zone if i remember is the section, that is 1 in from the end.

gain good point mate, what is to stop the whole shed moving on mass and just going to the opposite end of the ground, the kids zone if i remember is the section, that is 1 in from the end.

Totally agree.The only other way to create an atmosphere is to move the away fans into share the Jackie Husband stand with us. with the old banner seperating the fans,this might save us a bit of money on turnstyle operators and stewarding,will create an instant atmosphere and lets face it our stand is more than capable of taking both sets of fans

Totally agree.The only other way to create an atmosphere is to move the away fans into share the Jackie Husband stand with us. with the old banner seperating the fans,this might save us a bit of money on turnstyle operators and stewarding,will create an instant atmosphere and lets face it our stand is more than capable of taking both sets of fans

I reckon this might work for certain games in this division, dundee, morton, falkirk. But I fear the only way an atmosphere will come back to Firhill is if (or when!!) we get promoted and the supporters can have some real ding-dongs with the likes of Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, and the natural hate-fuelled atmosphere that comes when we play the h.uns or the tims. Even if the Jags fans are right next to fans of Cowdenbeath, Ross County, Stirling Albion, I still can't see that making much of a difference to the atmosphere.