1St Game Of The Season

thebiglemon

Yesterday was my first game of the season. My work situation is part time and non-contract so £17 is a lot to shell out for games but family etc also prevents the regular attendance I managed in the 70's-90's. However I would add that I will be back finances permitting.

After a highly unpromising start I actually enjoyed the game mainly as I expected County to thrash us once they went a goal and a man ahead. Jags did ok to get a point but in truth County were shockingly bad against 10 men. Still bad as they were Thistle did dig in and deserved the draw.

Disappointing crowd- I have no idea how to get people like me along more regularly. I hate the Jackie Husband stand it will never generate a fraction of the atmosphere we used to get even with a 1500 crowd.

There is NO POINT trying to get McCall sacked. We'd get a s**t replacement and go into freefall. We have had 3 decent managers in 40 years and will not get another if McCall is bagged. At present we will in all likelihood gradually move up to mid table. He is a good manager with a good track record at struggling cash-strapped clubs. If you can't take the rough with the smooth- get real soon.

It's amazing the difference depending on where you sit in the JH - the sound really doesn't travel far. I was plonked on the half way line for the first half and it was quiet as usual - the second half i met up with an old school friend who was up in the top-left of the JH and what a difference in atmosphere there is up there. That's where im taking my son from now on - whatever he may overhear!

Edited by MerryHell