Fans Shat On By Sfa And Their Cohorts

honved

The Irish FA should take the largest share of the blame - "This decision was taken by the Carling Nations Cup organisers, the FA of Ireland, due to the impact on Irish and Northern Irish players who would have been involved in the final round of matches in the Barclays Premier League, on Sunday, 22 May."

The SFA at least recognise the fans' problems -

"I know this has impacted on some of Scotland's travelling supporters. While tickets for the May dates have not yet been made available to our supporters, I would be grateful if you could check with the airline with whom you purchased flight tickets to confirm whether they can be exchanged or refunded.

"By sending us this information we are not guaranteeing that we will be able to compensate you for your loss. However, we will endeavour to act on your behalf to try and establish what, if anything, can be done to address the matter."

Annoying for any fans who've already booked transport and accommodation (how mnay though?). But in a way better for Scotland as there's more chance of players being available then than at an earlier date.

Good point. If the Irish think that they will have more players available, we should too.

SFA’s Stewart Regan sorry over Nations Cup date change

that's the same idiot that's just been on the telly championing the proposed 10 club leagues.

In fairness the guy's consistent. He seems happy to see followers of the international game treated similar to those who watch the club games. Sadly that's with contempt. :angry:

Don't think it would really matter to Sky what night the games are played?

I'm only booked up for the February game so I'm not affected.

It is out of order; however, the TAMB is quite amusing as all the TA 'Elite' have worked themselves into a frenzy :lol: - all the feather-wearing tossers who book the instant a fixture is announced then go on a messageboard to crow how cheap their flights were.