Buckie Back In

thornwoodjag

What happened to precedent? Dunfermline did the exact same thing last year and they replayed the match. Oh wait...Buckie Thistle are non-league and Dunfermline used to be in the SPL... :rolleyes:

I'm sure I read something about this last week along the lines that following Dunfermline's successful appeal, the SFA changed the rules to mean that teams fielding an ineligible player would be thrown out of the competition and have no right of appeal.

I'm sure I read something about this last week along the lines that following Dunfermline's successful appeal, the SFA changed the rules to mean that teams fielding an ineligible player would be thrown out of the competition and have no right of appeal.

I think they're claiming mitigating circumstances of the form being lost in the Xmas post so them not being aware he wasn't registered.

It's a bit 1960s though. You'd think there would be a more modern and immediate way of communicating details between clubs and the SFA, or whoever. If I order something on amazon I get immediate receipt, and prompt delivery updates. A bit modern and efficient for our game. Pathetic in this day and age though.

Edited by beep0608

I think they're claiming mitigating circumstances of the form being lost in the Xmas post so them not being aware he wasn't registered.

It's a bit 1960s though. You'd think there would be a more modern and immediate way of communicating details between clubs and the SFA, or whoever. If I order something on amazon I get immediate receipt, and prompt delivery updates. A bit modern and efficient for our game. Pathetic in this day and age though.

They have moved with the times, all clubs have access to an intranet site where they can check their players are registered. What the SFL are saying is that Shire should have checked to see if the paperwork had been received and the player successfully registered. If not they should have contacted them to find out what happened to the paperwork or if it was too late simply not play the player, as he was obviously not registered.

They have moved with the times, all clubs have access to an intranet site where they can check their players are registered. What the SFL are saying is that Shire should have checked to see if the paperwork had been received and the player successfully registered. If not they should have contacted them to find out what happened to the paperwork or if it was too late simply not play the player, as he was obviously not registered.

Well to be pedantic, it's actually an extranet site. :smartass::P

As mentioned above, the rules were changed following Dunfermline's appeal last year. BBC report.

For all we complain about inconsistencies in the SFA, this time they seem to be going strictly by the book, even though it's favouring a non-league team over a league one.