Poor Performance

clarencegarter

I hate those Tayside ********.

Feel pity, not hate my friend. Chucking a couple of fans out would have been the highlight of his week, if not his life.

Now, shift over, uniform off, he dejectedly looks at the beans-on-toast for one in his unremarkable perthshire flat, a nobody.

Silent tears fall as he watches the episode of coronation street he sky-plussed earlier.........

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a damp squib or Squid!

I feel kind of cheated now! Less that 2,500 fans in a match that had it been played on the Saturday would have had > 7,000. The last minute (Ok so it was a few hours) decision to put the game on just added to the sense of we must get this game played and sod the fans sort of atmosphere. By all accounts the team didn't play well, when was the last time we played well in Perth?

Anyway, I still feel cheated out of a big event which was rushed to get it out the way! As you say though it is a diddy cup!

Re. the guys that were chucked out; fair doos, let's get frothy if they were punted for simply trying to create an atmosphere. But let's be honest, we all know who they are and they're both two-bob rockets. Let's not make martyrs out of them.

Edited by The Incredible Adam Spark

Still feeling dejected this morning, season effectively over now, I think many folk (myself included) got carried away after the draw was made for the next round and had our day out at Hampden planned already.

The team never turned up last night, whether it was illness, stage fright or simply not being as good as the opposition I don’t know but it wasn’t good.

What was Cairney thinking not getting a shot off, that would have totally changed the game had it gone in.

Was their second goal the screamer it was described as in this morning’s paper? I’ve not seen it on the telly or anything but from our end of the ground and with my dubious eyesight it wasn’t in the top bin and it looked like he was rather lucky it dipped over Foxxy.

Was a good atmosphere in our end last night, the actions of those in charge really make you appreciate the efforts in getting ‘The Shed’ started up at Firhill

Re. the guys that were chucked out; fair doos, let's get frothy if they were punted for simply trying to create an atmosphere. But let's be honest, we all know who they are and they're both two-bob rockets. Let's not make martyrs out of them.

I could'nt make the game last night so more details please mate?

Two bob rockets !!!!! Whahahahahahahahahaha, bit personal Adam ?. Do you know me? Bit judgemental? I stood, sang and clapped most of game. I wasn't spoken to once by a steward or Police to ask me to sit down, until I was ejected. Straight red. !!!. I didnt swear once and I was not intoxicated. Loads of comments here about good jags support, I believe I helped that. I know who brought the smoke bomb in, do you think that he is more of a 2 bob rocket than me ?

Lighten up, chill out.

I've actually got statues of them made out of paper mache in my room. Whenever I feel down I pray to thee PTFC martyrs.

Another thing, Cairney should be dropped on Saturday after his refusal to shoot on goal. Criminal stuff.

Out with a whimper. Fair doo's if there were some suffering from illness but it really was such a crap performance against a St Johnstone team who in the second half seemed as willing to gift us opportunities as we were to them in the first. Disappointing to go into such a game on the back of some good results and performances to go with them and not even have a go.

On the stewarding/polis issue, I was standing in the back row for the entire match (along with from what I could see, the rest of that and the next section) and at one point the steward leaned over me and asked the guy in front, who was also standing, to tell one of the eventual ejectees to sit down. Also, after the polis had ejected the ones that were protesting with the steward, why was it suddenly ok for another 25/30 in that area to remain standing for the last 10 mins or so unchallenged? If folk are acting like complete fuds then I've no real objections to them being chucked out but last night I don't think anyone was and it reeked of a jobsworth steward that was determined someone was going out if his authority was not acknowledged. Don't know what the attempt at the smoke bomb was all about though. Bit of a fail to be honest.

Do you know me?

Most, if not all, people who travel with Thistle probably do. Question for you, Gus. Just how many times have you been punted from a game, or lifted afterwards. The most pathetic instance I can remember was seeing you collared after punching (!) a car outside Fir Park. Most of us manage to go to games, do a bit of singing and last 90 minutes. Some of us, including myself - not claiming to be an innocent - might come close to the line, but know how to draw it in. You, it would appear, don't. Now, I'd say you must be in your early-mid forties. That has to be two-bob rocket territory.

I've actually got statues of them made out of paper mache in my room. Whenever I feel down I pray to thee PTFC martyrs.

I might've know the prince of the 'shed boys' would've been one of the first to reply with a smart arse comment. Got to feel sorry for you if these are the guys you attempt to emulate at games.

Got any gold paint? I'm thinking gold statues.

I'm thinking "grow up, son".

Give it a good few years and you'll be another late 30-something resplendent in shit-stained Texstyle World top, reeking of booze and generally making an arse of it. But, hey, as long as you're creating a 'cracking atmoshphere'.

Give it a good few years and you'll be another late 30-something resplendent in shit-stained Texstyle World top, reeking of booze and generally making an arse of it. But, hey, as long as you're creating a 'cracking atmoshphere'.

That's not very nice. I'm surprised you took this so seriously.

You do realize why folk running the last forum chucked it don't you?

Most, if not all, people who travel with Thistle probably do. Question for you, Gus. Just how many times have you been punted from a game, or lifted afterwards. The most pathetic instance I can remember was seeing you collared after punching (!) a car outside Fir Park. Most of us manage to go to games, do a bit of singing and last 90 minutes. Some of us, including myself - not claiming to be an innocent - might come close to the line, but know how to draw it in. You, it would appear, don't. Now, I'd say you must be in your early-mid forties. That has to be two-bob rocket territory.

You may know who I am, Adam !!, but you dont know me. I've been punted from Dens once, McDiarmid twice, inc last night, Inverness once, Livi once,( apology from Livi received later) and Firhill once. Love st when we won the league. I've never been arrested, have never been charged, and have always had a chat with Police on way out.

Maybe your idea of close to the line is different to me, but I dont want to sit on my hands like many stewards would suit. We've all seen people stand up at a match, maybe thats "close to the line " !!!. Get a grip, people like you, and the stewards from last night will get football stopped.

A guy spat on me in that car. !!!!. I didnt like it, and his car was nearest I'd get to him. I find it pathetic, that fools like you can hide behind some stupid cartoon character and offer these opinions.

Over and out, unless you want to meet and have a beer ?

Jesus, you a right self righteous little tosser aren't you? Maybe you should go and watch the rugby on a Friday night instead, sounds like you'd fit far more comfortably into that crowd. Failing that, go and pay a hooker, because you so obviously haven’t had your hole in a long long time.

Jesus, you a right self righteous little tosser aren't you? Maybe you should go and watch the rugby on a Friday night instead, sounds like you'd fit far more comfortably into that crowd. Failing that, go and pay a hooker, because you so obviously haven’t had your hole in a long long time.

Another 40-something arse piece for whom getting tanked up on a Saturday afternoon is something to celebrate. I'm glad to see you think I'm of a different breed to you, Andy, because that's exactly how it is.

It must be great to be Adam Spark, giving character assasanations from behind an alias on a messageboard.

I was at the game, a few rows in front of Gus (who I have never met) and can vouch for the fact that other than a bit of harmless banter, nothing that would warrant arrest or exclusion from a football ground under normal circumstances was going on.

As we all know from past experiences in Perth, nothing is normal in fermer country. The problem started and ended with the stewards (and one steward in particular)

It must be great to be Adam Spark, giving character assasanations from behind an alias on a messageboard.

Assassination? We're talking character suicide here, given Gus's track record.

Anyhoo, it's no suprise to see you jumping to his defence given your spasmodic monkey routine every time we/you go to Livingston and your clear hatred for football in Perth.

Making clear that I'm not siding with parties either side of the 'debate' here, but as a sad 50-something myself, I love watching the 'younger' elements giving it a bit of razzamatazz at away games. To me they are the spirit of Thistle. That's not in any way detracting from those who don't revv it up at games, like the people I usually sit/stand with.

Still clear in my mind are two particular games: Annan, this season. Plenty of Jags had had a bloody good drink before the game, and so what? What a great atmosphere there was at that game. And Lancaster a few seasons ago. Absolutely brilliant chanting from the Jags fans, most of whom were well tanked up. I don't see any problem in a bit of boisterous behaviour when nobody gets killed or seriously injured; it's a football match FFS and it happens to be dying on its arse, not least of all because it's all become so feckin sterilised and boring.

Well played to the younger mob who at least try to get a bit of enthusiasm injected into proceedings, you'll do for me.

Monni Jags. FTOF!

Assassination? We're talking character suicide here, given Gus's track record.

Anyhoo, it's no suprise to see you jumping to his defence given your spasmodic monkey routine every time we/you go to Livingston and your clear hatred for football in Perth.

:lol:

Hilarious, even though I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Any hatred of football in Perth I have is based on personal experience. It has never been a place where Jags fans have been well treated. Just for the record, I, personally, have never once had to be spoken to by a steward or police there.