Just In

Blackpool Jags

Just in, from the club, that is. Never had too much of a soft spot for my local team (of the past 30+ years), despite living 100 yards across from the ground), but didn't they do well tonight? Genuine underdogs to do anything tonight, following their 2-1 home win on Saturday, but they are the only side to beat NF home and away during the regular season. Final score: Forest 3 Blackpool 4 (Blackpool win 6-4 on aggregate).

Stephen Dobbie, for the first time in his career, had me cheering, after he came off the bench making an immediate impact, scoring one and laying on another.

They will now play the winner of tomorrow's second leg between Leicester and (uberteeb's) Cardiff a week on Saturday at Wembulee.

Personally, hoping for a Cardiff win as otherwise, Blackpool hat-trick hero, DJ Campbell will be ineligible as he is only on loan to the Tangerines from Leicester.

Really happy Blackpool won. Don't know why but have ended up supporting them in the Championship this season. Must be the Holloway (and Dobbie) factor.

Didn't Dobbie come on, score the second, play a one-two for to lay off the third, and was it not his shot that rebounded to Campbell for the fourth? Not a bad substitution. And given that Swansea missed the play-offs due to a lack of goalscoring, is it not madness that they loaned him to Blackpool?

Really happy Blackpool won. Don't know why but have ended up supporting them in the Championship this season. Must be the Holloway (and Dobbie) factor.

Didn't Dobbie come on, score the second, play a one-two for to lay off the third, and was it not his shot that rebounded to Campbell for the fourth? Not a bad substitution. And given that Swansea missed the play-offs due to a lack of goalscoring, is it not madness that they loaned him to Blackpool?

Yeah Dobbie did do all that when he came on. And yes it is hilarious that Swansea missed the play offs whilst letting a striker go out on loan. They had one of the lowest goal scoring tallies in the whole league. Ahahahahahahahahahaha.

Was pleased for Blackpool but in a way I was hoping Forest got through as I'd fancy Cardiff's chances of beating them over the Seasiders, although I think they will beat both. Plus playing Forest at Wembley is bigger on paper than Blackpool. But I suppose the last time I was at Wembley City comfortbaly beat a diddy team from oop north starting with B so the same thing will happen again.

There is a grave danger this post will come back to haunt me later tonight.

And what are BA all about with more of these strikes on the day of the play off final!

Absolutely delighted to see Blackpool with Adam and Dobbie (was Stephen Crainie playing as well?) get it up uber *** Davies's team.

Hope they play Cardiff in the final. I don't really mind who wins out of those 2. I actually wish both could go up due to the amount of Scottish players involved.

Absolutely spot on. That's what happened.

Absolutely delighted to see Blackpool with Adam and Dobbie (was Stephen Crainie playing as well?) get it up uber *** Davies's team.

Hope they play Cardiff in the final. I don't really mind who wins out of those 2. I actually wish both could go up due to the amount of Scottish players involved.

He was and had a cracking game.

I think Blackpool will be underdogs again either against Cardiff or Leicester but it would be great to see the Scottish connection having the final say in what is bound to be a very watchable play-off final.

If Blackpool got to the Prem you'd only imagine Adam would get a game for them.

If City got to the Prem then Marshall, Burke and Super Kev would all likely start. Therefore by default you are all Bluebirds. And you must admit, it would be brilliant to have a Welsh team mixing it in the English Premiership, the FA and every single football supproter in England would HATE that :lol: