The Official Stanley Cup Thread

_mm_

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vancouver has done a fine job building up their team. I'll avoid Toronto bashing here but will say that Burkey is a decent GM and if anyone can sort out MLSE it is him.

The Canucks have had a decent start to the playoffs. We shall see what happens as they (hopefully) progress. I am in Sydney for a year so will be relying on the interwebs for Canucks updates.

Vancouver has done a fine job building up their team. I'll avoid Toronto bashing here but will say that Burkey is a decent GM and if anyone can sort out MLSE it is him.

The Canucks have had a decent start to the playoffs. We shall see what happens as they (hopefully) progress. I am in Sydney for a year so will be relying on the interwebs for Canucks updates.

i wish i were on the other side of the planet after those last two displays. my tongue in cheek bravado is turning into self-loathing far too soon in the play-offs.

is it better for them to end the misery now or delay it until i start to believe?

Following the Canucks is indeed a roller coaster. I spent a few hours today outside the library using the free wifi to listen to that debacle. I am betting the campus security at USyd now have many reports of a crazed canadian swearing at a phone. Anyway, it is now a very interesting series and the Canucks still have 2 chances to finish it off. Given the last two years when Chicago seemed to overwhelm the Canucks late in the series I was hoping there was something different this year.

Having watched the Bruins in Belfast in October i have been looking out for their results all season. Not had the best of seasons but still in the mix. Tied at 2-2 with the Canadiens so anything can happen.

i've been enjoying watching that series. the rivalry and the history between the two clubs definitely adds to it.

Things are getting hectic now. Series tied 3-3 with game seven in vancouver tomorrow night. Canucks do not want to be added to the very short list of teams (3 so far since 1940) who have blown 3-0 series leads. I'll be at my post ranting and raving at my phone.

Great result for the Canucks. Too bad Montreal lost today as I had this sad fantasy of Montreal vs Vancouver in the final. Hopefully the Canucks can push on from this series and do well in the next one. I think they play Nashville.

Great result for the Canucks. Too bad Montreal lost today as I had this sad fantasy of Montreal vs Vancouver in the final. Hopefully the Canucks can push on from this series and do well in the next one. I think they play Nashville.

i knocked my laptop off at 0325 as the game went into overtime, had to be in work for 0830 (it was a long day). but well worth it. Bring on the flyers in what i hope will be a classic physical battle.

:clapping:

sadly, the Canucks will find a way to take it to 7 games!

The Canucks do not make it easy. Given they had only won 13 playoff series in the 40 years prior to this season it is reasonable to assume that 4 in a row is a very tough task. One hopes that this year they have the team to successfully work their way through the series.

On a side note, years of Canucks style "entertainment" have prepared me well for the Thistle roller coaster.

It always is, but through to West final won 2-1 tonight 4 games to 2.

Then East v West for Stan's mug.

The next series should be good. Detroit have a great recent history but right now the Sharks look marginally better. Either way, the Canucks shall make it interesting.

West Final game 1, Canucks 3 Sharks 2.

Nice way to start the series. It looks likely to be close and might go longer rather than shorter. I would imagine Vancouver is getting hectic. This is only the third time in 40 years they have made it this far. The bandwagon will be well and truly full!