The Official Stanley Cup Thread

_mm_

San Jose lost the plot, especially that Eager fella who just gave up on having any sort of discipline. the Canucks offense put on one of the best displays of the play-offs so far, imo.

this can mean only that Luongo is due an absolute howler tomorrow!

Go Canucks!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game 3 Oops

Sharks 4 Canucks 3

Canucks up 2 games to 1.

Third period was exciting but I am afraid the slow start did them in. I only get the radio feed though so my testimony could be slightly dodgy.

It was kind of bizarre listening to a hockey game in Sydney in the fall where the temperature was better than back in vancouver in the spring.

Next game is at some insane time (12 noon Pacific Time!?) so I make it a 5am kick off here. I might not wake up that early....

Third period was exciting but I am afraid the slow start did them in. I only get the radio feed though so my testimony could be slightly dodgy.

It was kind of bizarre listening to a hockey game in Sydney in the fall where the temperature was better than back in vancouver in the spring.

Next game is at some insane time (12 noon Pacific Time!?) so I make it a 5am kick off here. I might not wake up that early....

the discipline that the Sharks lacked in game 2 was even more lacking for the Canucks last night. stupid, stupid penalties.

that said, Vancouver only lost one period. it was tight but ended even in the 2nd and they won the 3rd. imo, if they had been more disciplined and more keyed in from the start, they could have actually won that game.

Canucks equalised with 13.2 secs left in regulation. then scored the winner in Double O/T.

Bieksa scored with nine minutes and 42 seconds in the second extra period. On the play, Vancouver defenceman Alex Edler was on the right point. He attempted to send the puck hard around the boards, but it bounded off a stanchion and backwards to Bieksa in the centre of the Sharks blue line.

With everybody, including San Jose goalie Antti Niemi, searching for the puck, Bieksa sent a knuckleball that found its way into the net.

"I barely got enough wood on it to get it to the net," said Bieksa, who scored four goals in the series. "I was just trying to get it to the net for a tip. I didn’t want to flub it.

"I think [san Jose forward Patrick] Marleau and I were the only ones on the ice who knew were the puck was."

watched the first 2 periods of the Bruins game last night and fell asleep for the 3rd. It was the best game of the series and i missed the end of it. Good to see the Bruins make the final. Bring on the Canucks.

Stanley Cup Final, best of 7, game 1.

Canucks 1 Bruins 0.Scored with 19 seconds left. Pheeew.

Bloody hell! Sports Tonight in Sydney just had that goal on as the play of the night! They then took a few minutes to try and pronounce Canucks.

3 more wins. This is getting very interesting.

Whisper it Final score game 3 Canucks 1 Bruins 8.

That was old school Canucks circa 1970-1992 and 1996-2002. I am hoping it was the proverbial "bad day at the office".

Next game will be very interesting.

Surely it looks good now for the Canuck boys!

Can't believe the Canucks can be so bad away from home, yet still be in with a shout. There fore check last night was the best i have seen from any team in years. Still hope the bruins win but they don't seem to have what it takes to win in Vancouver.

Game 6 Canucks 2 Bruins 5.

Series tied 3 all.

Back to Vancouver for final game on Wednesday.

They just want to win it at home. :unsure:

The atmosphere in Vancouver should be like that which was present for the olympic gold medal game (outstanding). Hopefully the city wide support will tip things in favour of the Canucks.

This series must be nice for the neutrals but this really is hell for supporters.

Thursday morning 10am KO here in Sydney. I would estimate that by 1001am I will have scared passerby.