League Form, Stats...

Jaggernaut

This is the first time I've checked the Herald stats page. Some interesting reading:

http://footballstats.heraldscotland.com/?pStr=Team_Stats&Cust=7010&Lang=0&ctid=16&cpid=3&TeID=212

The bar chart shows really nicely the change in form after Fox took over starting with the 11th league match.

Also, by far our most frequent result in the last 20 matches has been.......... 0-0.

Edited by Jaggernaut

In time, if not already, the signing of Fox is seen as the turning point of the season. I can't disagree but at the same time I can't put all the blame on Halliwell for our form beforehand. Halliwell had two or often three experienced centrebacks in front of him. Guys like Robertson & McNamara were very shaky at times. You can put that down to lack of confidence in their keeper but I thought they were often as culpable as Halliwell.

Another player who was poor in the first couple of months was Rowson. He's usually a slow starter form wise anyway but prior to his injury break he was forever being caught in possession and generally giving the ball away. I mind McCall saying Rowson was playing thru an injury so his poor form could've been down to that.

The team seemed to get a boost of confidence when Fox came in. Shame about the number of penalties and just a pity we couldn't score.

This is the first time I've checked the Herald stats page. Some interesting reading:

http://footballstats.heraldscotland.com/?pStr=Team_Stats&Cust=7010&Lang=0&ctid=16&cpid=3&TeID=212

The bar chart shows really nicely the change in form after Fox took over starting with the 11th league match.

Also, by far our most frequent result in the last 20 matches has been.......... 0-0.

...and remember pointing out a few months ago, around the turn of the year, that we'd only had about one draw in several months. Typical Jags, one extreme to another.