Firhill 1976

ausjag

I have just mentioned on the Nomads thread that I have 8mm film of Firhill from 1976. I was standing in the centre circle and filmed the complete ground in a circular movement. I have transferred the film to Video and am now putting it on DVD. If some bright spark out there could tell me how to put it on computer I would gladly post it to this Forum for others to see, that is of course if anyone wishes to view it. The ground is brilliant with the shed, terracing at both ends of ground and of course the Stand and old enclosure. There is also film of the outside of the ground. Hope this is useful to the Forum.

I have just mentioned on the Nomads thread that I have 8mm film of Firhill from 1976. I was standing in the centre circle and filmed the complete ground in a circular movement. I have transferred the film to Video and am now putting it on DVD. If some bright spark out there could tell me how to put it on computer I would gladly post it to this Forum for others to see, that is of course if anyone wishes to view it. The ground is brilliant with the shed, terracing at both ends of ground and of course the Stand and old enclosure. There is also film of the outside of the ground. Hope this is useful to the Forum.

Please do, make me happier thinking of good times.

Yes, yes, yes!

A Youtube must!

Especially since the "Firhill 1980" clip that was there has been blocked thanks to WMG and EMI.....unbelievable! :mad2:

Thanks!

It will be a two step process to get this onto a site like YouTube:-

(1) Download some free DVD Ripping software, so that you can get the DVD into a file format that can be easily uploaded to Youtube, a nice simple choice of software would be BitRipper Software. The link as well as having a software download area, also has easy to use instructions with screenshots. If you are unsure of what file format to save the ripped DVD to try AVI file format, as it is very widely used.

(2) Stage two is taking your newly ripped DVD file and uploading it to somewhere like YouTube, you can simply Google "How to upload a video file to youtube" and you'll get plenty of help or look at the link Uploading a Video to YouTube Starting Point

P.S. Dont forget to let us all know the YouTube Link to the uploaded file!! :lol:

My parents have a VCR that allows you to convert videos to an electronic file. I'm not sure where you get these or how expensive they are, but I could either ask them or even pick up the video from you and do it myself. I imagine that it would be much easier to find a dvd ripping programme as suggested above.

My parents have a VCR that allows you to convert videos to an electronic file. I'm not sure where you get these or how expensive they are, but I could either ask them or even pick up the video from you and do it myself. I imagine that it would be much easier to find a dvd ripping programme as suggested above.

Err, isn't he is Australia....?

I have a couple of ways if doing this too. Let me know if you have any problems with the earlier suggestions and I'll try to help.

In short though, the easiest for me is WinX. It's free and available from:

http://www.winxdvd.com/dvd-ripper/

DvdFab would also work, and can do encrypted but you probably don't need anything so powerful as that.