Start Of Season Expectations

Stephen1876

At the start of this season, I knew that we had less money and resources than other teams and I expected a tough year. My target was to finish 6th or 7th and see a few young players emerge.

At 3.45 on 7th August 2010, I thought that objective was well and truly blown. Shocking defeats at Cowdenbeath and Stirling didn't help dispel my negative thoughts.

But here we are in May 2011 with a 5th placed finished and 5 of our youth team on the pitch at the final whistle, coupled with another unused YOUNG sub on the bench. We also have the division's top scorer, the division's best keeper and some good players signed up for next year.

Perhaps most importantly, we have taken many of our cost cutting measures this season and have started developing our own young team. Dundee, QoS, Falkirk etc will all have that reality to adapt to next season.

A job well done I say - WELL DONE JAGS!

At the start of this season, I knew that we had less money and resources than other teams and I expected a tough year. My target was to finish 6th or 7th and see a few young players emerge.

At 3.45 on 7th August 2010, I thought that objective was well and truly blown. Shocking defeats at Cowdenbeath and Stirling didn't help dispel my negative thoughts.

But here we are in May 2011 with a 5th placed finished and 5 of our youth team on the pitch at the final whistle, coupled with another unused YOUNG sub on the bench. We also have the division's top scorer, the division's best keeper and some good players signed up for next year.

Perhaps most importantly, we have taken many of our cost cutting measures this season and have started developing our own young team. Dundee, QoS, Falkirk etc will all have that reality to adapt to next season.

:thumbsup:

Excellent summary of the situation.