Dio Dead

Lindau

Defo deserves a RIP thread. Saw him at the Edinburgh Playhouse in the eighties and he was good value. I always remember Dio for having a guitarist (Jimmy Bain) from Newtonmore on Speyside (where I have family connections), but they put on a proper rock and roll show as well.

RIP

Edited by The Devil's Point

Thinking about it, he was probably one of the first (if not the first) singer I ever saw live.

First gig as a sweaty 15 year old back in 1974-ish was Deep Purple at the Apollo (Green's Playhouse?). Ian Gillan had just left and they had replaced him with David Coverdale and released the 'Burn' album which was a fave at the time.

Support band were called Elf and were fronted by the then pretty much unknown Ronny James Dio. I have no geeat memory of the set but as they were on first he was in the first band I saw live!

Anyhoo.....RIP Ronny.

Holy Diver

Stargazer

Rainbow in the Dark

Heaven n Hell

4 of the best Metal tracks you could ever hear, the guy was a gent, and a total legend, The voice of metal,

who was the better front man of sabbath? who cares, Ozzy was a brilliant performer but Dio was the voice

check out classicrock magazines web site to see just how much he was revered, i need to sort out an avatar as have just joined, dio could well be it