Haw! Sigesige.....

hamiltonjag

In Japan, elementary and secondary schools have annual sport festivals, normally called Undôkai (運動会) or Taiikusai (体育祭). You can find many videos from YouTube by "運動会" or "体育祭".

The National Defense Academy is Bôeidaigakkô (防衛大学校) in Japanese. There is another military school, the National Defense Medical School (防衛医科大学校).

There is an interesting thing in the National Defense Medical School. In Japan, the most prestigious medical school is that of the University of Tokyo. The University of Tokyo Medical School has many "colonies" (where the graduates of the University of Tokyo are appointed as professors etc.). However, the National Defense Medical School is not one of them. The National Defense Medical School is a "colony" of Keio University, the most prestigious private medical school. I do not know the reason, but very interesting.

There are Daigaku and Daigakkô in Japan. Both are "University" in English, but there is a difference. Daigaku are normal universities. Daigakkô normally mean higher education institutes which are not under the control of the Ministry of Education and Science. The National Defense Academy and the National Defense Medical School are Daigakkô, under the Ministry of Defense. Other Daigakkô include the University of Fishery, University of Sea Security (not sure of the correct English name), Pilot Training School.

And Korea University (no relationship with the University of the same name in South Korea) is also Daigakkô, because it is not recognised as a university by the Japanese government. Korea University has been run by the Chongryon (General Association of Korean Residents in Japan), which support the DPR Korea.

Edited by sigesige00

In Japan, elementary and secondary schools have annual sport festivals, normally called Undôkai (運動会) or Taiikusai (体育祭). You can find many videos from YouTube by "運動会" or "体育祭".

The National Defense Academy is Bôeidaigakkô (防衛大学校) in Japanese. There is another military school, the National Defense Medical School (防衛医科大学校).

There is an interesting thing in the National Defense Medical School. In Japan, the most prestigious medical school is that of the University of Tokyo. The University of Tokyo Medical School has many "colonies" (where the graduates of the University of Tokyo are appointed as professors etc.). However, the National Defense Medical School is not one of them. The National Defense Medical School is a "colony" of Keio University, the most prestigious private medical school. I do not know the reason, but very interesting.

There are Daigaku and Daigakkô in Japan. Both are "University" in English, but there is a difference. Daigaku are normal universities. Daigakkô normally mean higher education institutes which are not under the control of the Ministry of Education and Science. The National Defense Academy and the National Defense Medical School are Daigakkô, under the Ministry of Defense. Other Daigakkô include the University of Fishery, University of Sea Security (not sure of the correct English name), Pilot Training School.

And Korea University (no relationship with the University of the same name in South Korea) is also Daigakkô, because it is not recognised as a university by the Japanese government. Korea University has been run by the Chongryon (General Association of Korean Residents in Japan), which support the DPR Korea.

That would make a great pub quizz item.

I could really do with you finding this out.

Sig, do you like X-Japan? I'm a big fan of them and Dir En Grey plus jRock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXhQ3t-qsoM

Check out the big hair.

I am not particularly fan of their music, but I recognise the quality of their music.

However, the vocal Toshi broke with other members, under the influence of a cult group. After that, Toshi sang the cult's song for years. However, Toshi broke with the cult group last year.

I am not particularly fan of their music, but I recognise the quality of their music.

However, the vocal Toshi broke with other members, under the influence of a cult group. After that, Toshi sang the cult's song for years. However, Toshi broke with the cult group last year.

Things probably went downhill before that when Hide committed suicide.