Karate, Taekwondo, Kick Boxing

sigesige00

I think that Partick Thistle should become a general sport organisation including martial arts like Barcelona.

Karate's origin is the Kingdom of Ryûkyû. (Today's Okinawa Prefecture of Japan) Art of self-defense was developed in Ryûkyû because most of weapons were banned by the Kingdom.

Karate has 4 major styles. In the Asian Games, the WKF (World Karate Federation) rule is adopted.

The WKF rule is light-contact. The full-contact version of Karate is called Kyokusin Karate, established by a Korean in Japan.

Taekwondo's origin is one of Karate styles, and Korea's old martial art. Taekwondo split into two styles -- WTF (World Taekwondo Federation) and ITF (International Taekwondo Federation). Both are played in the Republic of Korea, but in the DPR Korea only ITF is practiced. ITF Taekwondo is closer to Karate.

Kick Boxing was made from Thai's Muay Thai.

I think that it is possible to establish a united rule of WKF, ITF, WTF, Kick Boxing.

I think that Partick Thistle should become a general sport organisation including martial arts like Barcelona.

Karate's origin is the Kingdom of Ryûkyû. (Today's Okinawa Prefecture of Japan) Art of self-defense was developed in Ryûkyû because most of weapons were banned by the Kingdom.

Karate has 4 major styles. In the Asian Games, the WKF (World Karate Federation) rule is adopted.

The WKF rule is light-contact. The full-contact version of Karate is called Kyokusin Karate, established by a Korean in Japan.

Taekwondo's origin is one of Karate styles, and Korea's old martial art. Taekwondo split into two styles -- WTF (World Taekwondo Federation) and ITF (International Taekwondo Federation). Both are played in the Republic of Korea, but in the DPR Korea only ITF is practiced. ITF Taekwondo is closer to Karate.

Kick Boxing was made from Thai's Muay Thai.

I think that it is possible to establish a united rule of WKF, ITF, WTF, Kick Boxing.

:happy2:

Sigesige, I'll be in Japan in a couple of weeks. PM me soon if you want anything from Greaves.

Edited by Jaggernaut

:happy2:

Sigesige, I'll be in Japan in a couple of weeks. PM me soon if you want anything from Greaves.

Thank you. However I am not going to buy anything from Greaves. I must think about money. I am going to buy Guam's national team tops, but nothing more.

Edited by sigesige00

By the way, is bowling (lawn bowls) very popular in Scotland?

Bowling can be played by older people.

In Japan, there is a ball game called "gate ball". This sport is popular among the aged.

Are Mixed Martial Arts popular in Scotland? I think that Mixed Martial Arts have the tendency to become a-Boxing like sport. In Japan, Mixed Martial Arts games played in every New Year's Eve.

And how about Ice Hockey? I do not hate Ice Hockey, but I hate the North American NHL (open violence is allowed, using small rinks, etc). I think that Ice Hockey should be played in the 30m*60m rink, and the number of on-ice player should be reduced from 6 to 5, and body check should be illegalised. By this rule there would be much more goals and games would be more spectacular.

And Boxing must be radically changed. In Boxing, there are 4 major international organisations. So there are 4 champions in every class. And class should be in kg not pound.

I think that world top-boxers play annual tournament of 32 to decide the champion of year.

And Boxing must be radically changed. In Boxing, there are 4 major international organisations. So there are 4 champions in every class. And class should be in kg not pound.

I think that world top-boxers play annual tournament of 32 to decide the champion of year.

many weight divs have multi belt holders , so have 2 or 3 champions not 4 although most fans have an opinion on who is top in each weight class ,and builds interest in unification bouts e.g. haye klitschko in a sold out football stadium, weights are in pounds because thats what the u.k. and u.s. use which is the traditional home of boxing , and its an easy conversion anyhow.

as for a 32 man tourney thats assuming each weight class has 32 worthy challengers , the winner would need to fight 5 times in a year to become champ then do it all again next year to defend it , not accounting for injuries and that many title fights would only dilute public interest and detract from the spectacle of a world title fight.

• 3 weeks later...

as for a 32 man tourney thats assuming each weight class has 32 worthy challengers , the winner would need to fight 5 times in a year to become champ then do it all again next year to defend it , not accounting for injuries and that many title fights would only dilute public interest and detract from the spectacle of a world title fight.

I changed my mind. The Boxing tournament should be fought by 16. Last 16, Last 8, Last 4 are fought in the 4-round system. Only the final and 3rd-place playoff are 12 round.

Edited by sigesige00