Advice Needed

Exiled AusJag

My wife and myself are being going to a good friend's daughter's wedding in October. The dress code is formal, which in Oz tends to be minimum lounge suit. In Scotland I would have no hesitation in wearing my kilt, and would like to wear it to this wedding, but I'm not sure.

Any advice? and what type of jacket? I would wear an Argyle in Scotland.

Edited by Exiled AusJag

My wife and myself are being going to a good friend's daughter's wedding in October. The dress code is formal, which in Oz tends to be minimum lounge suit. In Scotland I would have no hesitation in wearing my kilt, and would like to wear it to this wedding, but I'm not sure.

Any advice? and what type of jacket? I would wear an Argyle in Scotland.

I went to an Aussie wedding a couple of years ago and wore a kilt and it was accepted just fine. Saying that, the family of the groom had Scottish connections so I think they were quite pleased. I think the main question is how comfortable you would feel (as most likely being) the only kilt wearer there. I had a lot of lassies trying to get look at what I had on (or didn't have on) underneath which although funny initially, became a bit exasperating. Expect to be answering a thousand questions about that hairy thing on the front of your kilt or that knife in your sock. Personally I love wearing it. When I wear a suit I feel l look like someone going to Court. People will expect you to be the loud and gregarious life and soul of the party. If you feel comfortable with it, dae it. You'll be glad you did. Or very hot.