Scott Mcdonald

thistledome

If you havn't already heard then here is the news.Scott Mc Donald has been dumped by Australia and is not going to Sth Africa as a player.He was dumped along with Nicky Carle who was playing for Crystal Palace.Carle is an excellent thinking player when going forward and his ommision is a mystery to me.McDonald must be gutted and Now Australia have only one recognised up front striker on board.I don't give them a chance in hell in winning a game at all. They were garbage the other night against NZ.

McDonald can only hope that he gets the nod for the next world cup in 2014.

One striker? Thats a bit odd.

I might dig out my old "In Gus We Trust" t-shirt and start playing "Green and Gold" by Freedom of Thought which I still think is the best football song of all time.

"I wanna jump and scream in the stadium, full of Australians" :lol:

If you havn't already heard then here is the news.Scott Mc Donald has been dumped by Australia and is not going to Sth Africa as a player.He was dumped along with Nicky Carle who was playing for Crystal Palace.Carle is an excellent thinking player when going forward and his ommision is a mystery to me.McDonald must be gutted and Now Australia have only one recognised up front striker on board.I don't give them a chance in hell in winning a game at all. They were garbage the other night against NZ.

McDonald can only hope that he gets the nod for the next world cup in 2014.

I've got New Zealand in the office World Cup sweep. Lucky me!!!

I've got New Zealand in the office World Cup sweep. Lucky me!!!

Bah Bah Black Sheep !

3,500,000 people and 83,000,000 Sheep in NZ

One professional Fitba Team ( Welllington Pheonix )

0ne professional Rugby League Team ( NZ Warriors )

Four professional Rugby Teams ( Canterbury Crusaders,Auckland Blues,Waikato Chiefs and The Highlanders)

Don't think they'll do any better than the Aussies!

Bah Bah Black Sheep !

Four professional Rugby Teams ( Canterbury Crusaders,Auckland Blues,Waikato Chiefs and The Highlanders)

At least they're (NZ) mostly Scottish... :D

Bah Bah Black Sheep !

Not quite sure what point you are trying to make. Don't see what the number of league or rugby teams they have has to do with how NZ will do in the World Cup. Nice of you to get the number of sheep in though, that was original.

There are actually 5 franchises in the Super 14 rugby competition, you forgot the Wellington Hurricanes, and I think you'll find that the majority of teams in the top level of the Air NZ Cup are professional as well e.g. Wellington, Waikato, Canterbury etc.

As for the World Cup, one difference between NZ and Aussie is that New Zealand aren't under any illusions about how good, or bad, they are. Good result against Serbia at the weekend though.

Both Aussie and NZ will be flying home after the first round.

Not quite sure what point you are trying to make. Don't see what the number of league or rugby teams they have has to do with how NZ will do in the World Cup. Nice of you to get the number of sheep in though, that was original.

There are actually 5 franchises in the Super 14 rugby competition, you forgot the Wellington Hurricanes, and I think you'll find that the majority of teams in the top level of the Air NZ Cup are professional as well e.g. Wellington, Waikato, Canterbury etc.

As for the World Cup, one difference between NZ and Aussie is that New Zealand aren't under any illusions about how good, or bad, they are. Good result against Serbia at the weekend though.

Both Aussie and NZ will be flying home after the first round.

Not having a go at Kiwi's mate,just letting people know that a country so small can produce a team in the World Cup which is a great achievment for their size.Good luck to them anyway.I also think that the Aussies will get hammered as their player contingent is the weakest Aussie team I've seen in my 23 yrs here in Oz.

Not having a go at Kiwi's mate,just letting people know that a country so small can produce a team in the World Cup which is a great achievment for their size.Good luck to them anyway.I also think that the Aussies will get hammered as their player contingent is the weakest Aussie team I've seen in my 23 yrs here in Oz.

Ah. Sorry, Boss. Caught me on a bad day. ;)

Agree about the Aussies. I was surprised, but not disappointed, at how bad they were against NZ. Be interesting to see if they can pick their game up once the WC starts.

No Probs mate. Just as I predicted.The Aussies got hammered and lucky it was only 4-0.Good on the Kiwi's though and a good morale booster for the other 2 games.The Aussies PICKED THE WRONG TEAM but they won't admit it so we'll see how many the Ghananians put past them. Did I spell taht Right ? :)