The Jags Trust

Mediocre Pundit

I know, I know - this has probably been gone over countless times, but <takes deep breath>...

Are Jags Trust elections being held soon and, if so, what positions are up for election? I'm giving serious thought to standing for a position (which would obviously involve joining the Trust) although I'm far from convinced that it's worth the effort. Many have tried to make it something that supports and helps the club - many of them smarter, more engaged and more motivated than me - and all seem to have failed to make it relevant. Can it be done? No idea...

So my open questions to the forum are basically "what do you think of the current situation" and "do you care much for seeing this changed".

Disclaimer: this is nothing against the current board - I know none of you personally. But there were some people at the Open Evening stolenscone and honved held who I don't think are right for the Jags Trust and I don't agree with the stance they seem to take towards the club.

I know, I know - this has probably been gone over countless times, but <takes deep breath>...Are Jags Trust elections being held soon and, if so, what positions are up for election? I'm giving serious thought to standing for a position (which would obviously involve joining the Trust) although I'm far from convinced that it's worth the effort. Many have tried to make it something that supports and helps the club - many of them smarter, more engaged and more motivated than me - and all seem to have failed to make it relevant. Can it be done? No idea...So my open questions to the forum are basically "what do you think of the current situation" and "do you care much for seeing this changed". Disclaimer: this is nothing against the current board - I know none of you personally. But there were some people at the Open Evening stolenscone and honved held who I don't think are right for the Jags Trust and I don't agree with the stance they seem to take towards the club.

From JT site - 'Nomination Forms should be returned to our registered address (The Jags Trust, 80 Firhill Road, Glasgow, G20 7AL) not later than 12 noon on Friday the 6th May.'

Looks like it's closed to you for this year, but to be honest I was going to advise you not to waste your time and instead wait and see what David Beattie proposes, promising greater fan involvement in the club.

Presuming that you're not currently a member of the Trust, as the election process has been carried out for this year. This year the position of treasurer, club board rep and two regular board member positions were due to be elected.

As we only received enough nominations for the number of positions, this means that all roles will be filled following confirmation of the election process at the AGM (planned for early September).

We do of course have the ability to co-opt people onto the trust board and are always looking for help, so if you (or anyone else) is interested then either drop me a PM or an email - [email protected]

As we only received enough nominations for the number of positions, this means that all roles will be filled following confirmation of the election process at the AGM (planned for early September).

Ah-therein lies my confusion. Thanks for clearing that up.

Regarding co-option I'm afraid it's the direction of the trust (or apparent pack of) that I'm unhappy with so have no interest in helping the present incumbents. Apologies if that sounds harsh and as said before, it's not meant as anything personal.

Ah-therein lies my confusion. Thanks for clearing that up.

Regarding co-option I'm afraid it's the direction of the trust (or apparent pack of) that I'm unhappy with so have no interest in helping the present incumbents. Apologies if that sounds harsh and as said before, it's not meant as anything personal.

Not a problem, but if you ever want a chat about the trust then feel free to get in touch. :thumbsup2:

Wait a minute, this thread has been on the go for over an hour now...where's vom itorium and his died duck?

Actually had similar thoughts to the OP round about the end of April but the mrs had chucked out the forms thinking I wouldn't be interested. Anyway, contacted a JTB member who was gona get another member of the JTB to forward me the relevant paper. Needless to say SHE never done so. Last straw as far as I was concerned, defended them too often in the past and while certain members of the JTB remain I'm Out!!!!

There is no reason why we can't have a viable trust, and I feel it is something we SHOULD have. I have thought about whether I would make a good candidate in the past, but my lack of proximity to Glasgow and other commitments very quickly made me put away those thoughts. There are people who I'm sure could do the job better than I could, but I believe there needs to be a major restructuring to the trust in addition to a facelift that doesn't only paper the cracks. The trust needs to be seen to be active, to have views on matters close to the club and to actually be representative of the fans. I understand the latter is difficult due to the apathy of fans towards the organisation, but if the correct people were put in position and allowed to work and were somehow able to maintain motivation for a number of years.

I could go on and on for longer, but I'm supposed to be writing a thesis on other things just now!