Egm

stolenscone

And lets play hypotheticals!! Just because its fun and its Friday!

Lets say that people asked about conflict of interest at the time of propco, and were told it was definitely not a problem by suitably qualified people, they then find out it is a problem years later, they then try to (ham - fistedly perhaps) put it right , they then are plotted and voted against by the people who told them it was all ok in the first instance - might you be a little p*ssed off in the circumstances?

PS YOu going to see Dylan?!!!

Absolutely.

Yup - Sunday night in the standing area. Will be my first gig at Braehead - only thing I've been there for before was an election count!!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely.

Yup - Sunday night in the standing area. Will be my first gig at Braehead - only thing I've been there for before was an election count!!

Ahhh, I am there on the Sat. Shame, we could have continued debate in the most civilised manner possible - over a pint!! Enjoy!

Ahhh, I am there on the Sat. Shame, we could have continued debate in the most civilised manner possible - over a pint!! Enjoy!

I'm afraid Saturday will see me in Dunfermline at a Lib Dem conference. Another example of the good guys doing the misguided thing :rolleyes:

If it weren't for that, I might have indulged on both nights

Edited by Allan Heron

I'm afraid Saturday will see me in Dunfermline at a Lib Dem conference. Another example of the good guys doing the misguided thing :rolleyes:

If it weren't for that, I might have indulged on both nights

Everyone needs to realise there has been a conflict of interest IN THE INITIAL PROCESS SETTING UP PROPCO, and every single day since then.

The only place it can so far have disadvantaged PTFC is in that initial set up when the deal was done.

If we want to play the conflict of interest card (FINALLY - how long has this been my bugbear?!!), then we need to appreciate the history. We need the people who created the conflict of interest to be identified, and frankly if the shareholders of PTFC are now so united that conflicts of interest are a bad thing, hopefully they might get together and revisit the advice given at the time that no conflicts existed. Assuming that was correctly obtained. Who provided the club with the advice that there were no conflicts of interest?? Who asked if there were any at a board level and who reassured them that there were none??

Propco was conceived on Cowans watch. With his legal background, did he not urge caution and warn against the potential conflicts of interest and build safeguards into the process? Or did he?

Presumably a shareholder and office holder of PTFC was not drafting any documentation in respect of propco whioh would include himself as a stakeholder and then giving that to another professional firm to badge; surely that might be a bit of a conflict if he was so doing?

In the propco deal - Who negotiated on behalf of the club the terms of the deal and who negotiated on behalf of propco? How was the deal struck?