Livingston Travel Advice

GrantB

Been a couple of seasons since I had a home game to watch Thistle in so here's a bit of stuff about parking, pubs, trains etc.

The Bathgate to Airdrie train line is open and you can now travel from Queen St low level on the Deliverance Express (North) to Livingston North. Livi North is closer to Almondvale but is still a good 20 min walk to the stadium. Follow the main road that crosses the railway line south and it is a straight road to the ground. There are a couple of pubs near the station (Grand Central which has pool and snooker tables and The Saltire opposite Morissons) There are buses from outside Morissons for anyone who cant be bothered walking (no idea of the numbers or frequency as it is many years since I used one) and a taxi rank outside the station.

If anyone wannt to combine parking at the game with a spot of shopping at the Designer Outlet or the shopping centre, beware that there are now charges for parking. Best places to park are in Lidl's, West Lothian College or in the office units behind the Travelogge / Tony Macaroni's resuarant). The retail park next to the designer outlet has a 3hr parking limit and is liekly to be busy.

As for pubs in the town centre, the nearest is The Lime Kiln (although it's more of a food place) and the 2 Weatherspoons pubs located in the designeer outlet. There are a few resuarants (Wagamama's, Nando's, Ask Italian, Chiquito's and Pizza Express) located just outside the designer outlet. For the more adventurous :lol: there is always the Paraffin Lamp in the old part of the Centre although I wouldn't recommend it.

Hope to see a good amount of Jags fans and an easy 3 points :D

Trains from Queen St are at 24/28/54/58 mins past the hour...the ones at 24/54 are express services, and the prices are £11.40 return (with up to 2 kids going free)

Trains from Partick are at 14/17/44/48 mins past the hour....the ones at 14/54 are express services, ticket is £11.80 return again with kids go free.

Other stations vary...hyndland trains are 3mins earlier

Trains back from Livi North are at 1730/1742/1759/1812/1828/1841/1857

*express services call Queen St, High St, Sunnyside, Airdrie, Drumgelloch and then Bathgate and all stops to Edinburgh

*the other services are ALL STOPS to edinburgh

Travelling back from Edinburgh to Glasgow today and I noticed signs mentioning work starting on the M8 tomorrow for the next 14 days. I think it said Junction 4?

Just checked...Contraflow at weekends on a stretch between Shotts and Whitburn, traffic down to one lane each direction, so allow extra time for your journey, to quote Judith Tonner.